A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > New Teachers Archives

Old 02-22-2003, 02:44 PM

addressing a wide range of skills in the classroom

I recently graduated and am looking for a teaching position for the fall. The district I hope to teach in is an inclusive district. I know that there will be a wide range of skills and abilities in one classroom. How can a teacher effectively address all students' skills and abilities and be sure that all students are being challenged and learning something. I know cooperative learning is a good way for students to learn and help each other while hearing different viewpoints, but I'm looking for some more tips and ideas to implement in the classroom. I'm open to and appreciate all suggestions.
Thanks, Chris

Old 02-22-2003, 02:53 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
This is the challenge in all classrooms- not all kids who hve needs qualify for pull outs and you always have diverse skills, readiness, personalities, learning styles, etc!! I'm taking a class right now on Differentiated Learning- You might want to do some reading up in that area-
Old 02-24-2003, 10:47 PM

Thumbs up

I took your advice and found a book that I found to helpful and a great resource for any teacher who would like to try differentiated instruction. It is titled: Differentiating Instruction in the Regular Classroom. How to Reach and Teach All Learners, Grades 3-12. It is by Diane Heacox, ED.D Thanks Again!

Tags
addressing, classroom, range, skills, wide