A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Secondary Education Archives

Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Newcomer

Arkansas
social studies bulletin board ideas???

I am doing Field II Intern work right now and one of my responsibilites is to design a bulletin board. I've been told that it would be "better" to have student work included or make it interactive. I would really like to make the bulletin board go along with their unit, which is early cultures/Stone Age. This classroom is full of 6th graders. If anyone has any ideas for a bulletin board, I would appreciate the input!!! Thanks so much.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Companion

Canada
What about a research board? I've seen SS boards done where it is many doors, teasure chests or whatever with flaps. Behind each flap is a question (which will need a small amount of research to find the answer) related to the current topic. Students can be required to, or allowed to choose to participate. You can also leave it open-ended or give a time limit of two weeks or whenever the unit ends. The first person to turn in the correct answer gets to rip off the flap (exposing the question) and post their answer. If participation in this is strictly voluntary, then a small reward (a fancy pencil or whatever) for those who correctly answer can help boost participation.

Tags
board, bulletin, ideas, social, studies