A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Montessori Archives

Old 09-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Comrade

Group presentations?

Are there certain presentations that you do as a group or is everything individual? This is our second week of school and I am presenting rolling rugs, carrying trays, pushing in chairs, and basic grace and courtesy skills as a group. I also present some practical life, sensorial, and special art projects as a group. What do you do in your classroom? Is everything individually presented? Is the assistant allowed to present a work?

Please no lectures or quotes on Montessori----

Thanks!

Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Companion

Casa Directress
Mostly individual, many small group lessons for 3-4 children in the language area (stories, songs, poems, spoken language, reading work and function of words), math (gold beads and blank charts), sensorial games (almost every material has distance games) and practical life (preliminary exercises, grace and courtesy) and only a few whole group (walking on the line, silence game and birthday celebrations).
Ideally, the assistant is not presenting, just reinforcing the routines and keeping a eye on the entire class.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Rookie

California
I have a brand-new classroom. None of the children have previous Montessori experience. (tomorrow is our first day!) There will only be 8 children the first week. I'm intending to give group presentations this week on walking, talking, sitting in a chair, rolling a rug, washing hands (at our sink, not the Montessori exercise), unpacking lunch. That sort of thing. Basic classroom behaviors.

Tags
group, presentations