A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 08-04-2006, 05:03 PM
Comrade

Illinois
2nd Grade Teacher
imagination theme

Hi. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has any ideas for an imagination theme. I'm trying to figure out if I can make it work. Here's what I have so far.

Welcome board:
Welcome to second grade!
Bring on your wildest imagination (as a play on beyond your wildest imagination) or Let your imagination run wild.

For the reading center...a where the wild things are theme...since this book is all about imagination. I'm thinking of having a giant featherbeddish thing covered to look like water. then maybe some trees and some giant friendly-looking monsters (from the book) on the wall...with a bulletin board that maybe says either wild about books or if I don't use it above Books...let your imaginations run wild.

I'm also thinking of having some sort of funky house decoration that is all disproportionate.

Well...those are my thoughts...any ideas, suggestions, or advice welcome.
Thanks!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Maven

Florida
Fifth Grade QUEST (Gifted) Teacher
I thought about Figment at EPCOT and how his ride is all focused on having an imagination. Perhaps that will give you an idea. Maybe you can make a "creativity machine" or make Thinking Caps for the students.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:03 AM
Multitudinous

NEW YORK
Math teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Jasztal
I thought about Figment at EPCOT and how his ride is all focused on having an imagination. Perhaps that will give you an idea. Maybe you can make a "creativity machine" or make Thinking Caps for the students.
I was just thinking that.
I bet the Disney World/Epcot website would have some ideas!!
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Novice

illinois
I really like this idea for a theme. I might do it as well. So I will be looking and finding great ideas as well. If you do centers, you could call them imagination stations. Titles for b. boards could be imagine this..imagine the possibilities...wild about 2nd grade. I went on disneys website, and found these ideas. The Train of thought, Common Scents, The Imagination institute. I will keep looking for ideas about where the wild things are. I know at my library they have the huge wild things characters. I think on ebay you might be able to find smaller versions for your room. I like the ideas of putting them behind a tree. Jen

Tags
imagination, theme