A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 08-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Rookie

tennessee
AR Bulletin Board

Hi...I'm a reading teacher for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade (lower end students) and I need a bulletin board. I'm thinking something to do with AR that all grades can be involved in......or just a reading bb. Any ideas are greatly appriciated.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Habitué

Do you have any kind of theme? I do a lot of reading bb's, give me a little more info and I'll brainstorm for you!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
Novice

texas
I have an AR bulletin board that I keep up all year. I have each six weeks' AR goals posted and each student has an object with their name on it (depending on our school theme--race car, star, etc.) This is moved across the board as they reach each goal. This year I am going to use the students' pictures on their object to make it more personal.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Novice

illinois
Carson Dellosa has a race track with mice cars "On track with Good Behavior" is what it is called, but my team is going to have a AR race for each quarter goal. So we will change the title up to fit AR. We might even buy another track to make it longer and more like a maze. Our school theme is who moved my cheese, so we are trying to make it more like a maze with mice and the cheese at the end is the goal for the quarter. Jen
Old 08-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Habitué

We did the race car theme for the classrooms in our unit. Our title was "Race into Reading." We've done stars, "A.R. Stars" and each kid's name is on a star that we put up when they meet their goals. I usually do a monthly AR bb in my classroom that has a reading slogan that is appropriate for the month/season, and each kid gets some kind of cutout with their name on it. We do one sticker for each 100% correct test, and a prize at the end of the month for the student with the most stickers.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Rookie

tennessee
AR Bulletin Boards

Mrs. Mom...I left you a private message.
Thanks to all the ideas posted everyone.......I really appreciate it. If there are any more out there.....I'd love to hear them.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Habitué

bigcat, here are a few thoughts so far...

I leave my bb's up for one month, and use a theme appropriate for the month or season. Your idea about the flower/bug theme is cute, although I might save it for spring and use a slogan like "Good readers are blooming everywhere" (focus on the flowers) or "We're Buzzing about Good Books" (or something like that, focus on the bugs). Like I said, I always use a cut-out of something that fits my bb theme and put each student's name on it. Then I buy the mini stickers that are appropriate for the theme, and they put on one for every 100% correct test. Obvious fall theme "Fall into a Good Book" decorate with autumn leaves & use leaf stickers, or "Nuts About Books" use a squirrel/nut theme, probably still use leaf mini stickers. October, "Batty About Books", "Books are Spook-tacular", Nov. "We're Always Thankful for a Good Book", Dec. "Tis the Season to Curl Up with a Good Book", Jan. "It's Snow Secret We Like to Read", Feb. "We Love to Read"......

Does any of this help??

I am using a baseball/sports/team theme for my room and A.R. this year. My big A.R.wall display will say "Reading-The Sport of Champions". I just found a website that has cute sports/reading clipart (link attached). I'm going to make a transparency of the baseball one and use it to draw a larger image to make my wall display. PM me if you need more info or have questions!!
Old 08-06-2006, 06:20 AM
Habitué

Oops, got carried away and forgot the link for the sports/reading clipart. Let me try again!

http://www.tsl.state.tx.us/ld/projec...l/clipart.html
Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Companion

Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Mom
bigcat, here are a few thoughts so far...

I leave my bb's up for one month, and use a theme appropriate for the month or season. Your idea about the flower/bug theme is cute, although I might save it for spring and use a slogan like "Good readers are blooming everywhere" (focus on the flowers) or "We're Buzzing about Good Books" (or something like that, focus on the bugs). Like I said, I always use a cut-out of something that fits my bb theme and put each student's name on it. Then I buy the mini stickers that are appropriate for the theme, and they put on one for every 100% correct test. Obvious fall theme "Fall into a Good Book" decorate with autumn leaves & use leaf stickers, or "Nuts About Books" use a squirrel/nut theme, probably still use leaf mini stickers. October, "Batty About Books", "Books are Spook-tacular", Nov. "We're Always Thankful for a Good Book", Dec. "Tis the Season to Curl Up with a Good Book", Jan. "It's Snow Secret We Like to Read", Feb. "We Love to Read"......
Mrs. Mom,
These are the cutest ideas for bb themes! I was trying to think of changes I could make to my boards but keeping the same subject and you have such great ideas! I'm going to be using a lot of these sayings! Thanks!
Old 08-07-2006, 10:09 AM
Habitué

Glad you can use them!

Tags
board, bulletin