A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 07-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Comrade

Indiana
Making things for your classroom.

This summer I want to make some curtains for my classroom and a puppet theatre out of a cardboard box. I was wondering, what things have you made for your classroom?

Old 07-03-2006, 09:20 PM
Groupie

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherbell
This summer I want to make some curtains for my classroom and a puppet theatre out of a cardboard box. I was wondering, what things have you made for your classroom?
I am also planning on making a puppet theater for my classroom this summer I'm going to use pvc though.
Here are lots of ideas of things to make for your class using pvc:
PVC in the classroom
Old 07-03-2006, 09:36 PM
Fanatic

Ohio
3rd Grade Teacher
I have made curtains, a quilt to hang on my rocking chair, and a wall quilt about Ohio.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Companion

Tennessee, USA
3rd Grade Teacher
My brother made me a Pocket Chart/Giant Notepad Chart holder out of PvC pipe. I'd show you a picture, but he tore it apart to make me a new improved addition. (with casters!)

I wanted a magnetic bulletin board, so I bought a thing of sheet metal from an air conditioner supplier and had my boyfriend drill it to my wall.

I'm working on chairbags for the backs of student chairs (to hold folders and books), and let me tell you, it's taking FOREVER [I'm terrible with the sewing machine]

My next project is to make a giant skinny box to store all of my bulletin board supplies. Kind of like an index Card box...for bulletin board sized index cards
Old 07-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Rookie

Georgia
I am doing a jungle/safari theme in my room, and my dad and I are actually about to start a banana tree to put in the reading corner! ha, its going to be an adventure!
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Groupie

USA
PK-5
In/out boxes--in the process of making these. I'll post when I finish.

PVC chart holder

all my posters--just copied the ones I like in my own writing and artistry, more or less. I used chart paper and then laminated them. Colored pencils are my fave to use because they give a softer appearance.

pillows for reading corner.

a decorated flower pot and those pens wrapped in floral tape with a flower on the end---I am always leaving my pens around the room and hope this helps me keep track of them. very cheap and easy.

titles for bull board by bending pipecleaners into letters and hot glueing
Old 07-04-2006, 12:54 PM
Comrade

Indiana
Great ideas! It is really getting me inspired to make more things for my room. Paperheart, I like the idea of using pipecleaners for letters.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:48 PM
Novice

Texas, USA
My husband made a bookshelf for me for my reading center.

I've made pillows to go along with the theme of my classroom.

giant wall quilt

painted the ceiling tiles to go with novels we study throughout the year.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:10 PM
Rookie

south
I am having a zoo theme, so I made an "entrance" to the library using fishing pole boxes. They are long enough to reach from the bookshelf to the ceiling. I wrapped them in red paper and drew lines in marker to make it look like red bricks. On the box connecting the two sides I wrote "Reading Zoo". I've also been covering boxes, frozen juice containers and cans with contact paper. My husband has also been busy building me another bookshelf and container for my big books.

I also am making pockets for the back of the chairs, I'm not good with the sewing machine, and found the easiest way was using pillow cases.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Rookie

Tennessee
Would it be out of line to ask if any of you could post pictures of the items you are/have made?? I would love to see some if possible!!

Tags
classroom, making, things