A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Early Childhood Education Archives

Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
Comrade

Florida
Teddy Bear Door Theme

Hello everyone! I decided to go with the teddy bear theme this year and need cute door decoration ideas. I had the jungle them last year and it didnt impress the kids very much. I saw some bear/cottage decorations in the new Carson-Dellosa catalog but I need a cute phrase to go with it. I was thinking about making the outside of the room look like a cottage. Has anyone had any experience with this idea before? Also: I want to do an AR points board in a bear theme too. Any cute phrases you can think of for that?? The only bear phrase that comes to mind is the "beary good____" phrase, or the honey bee thing. I would appreciate some cute phrases to incorporate into other areas of the room as well. Thanks so much for your help!

Old 06-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Comrade

Florida
Really? There is no one with this theme?
Old 06-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Companion

Seattle, WA
Maybe this link will help? http://teachers.santee.k12.ca.us/car...bear_pause.htm
Old 06-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Novice

Mississippi
I thought about using a teddy bear theme as well, but I couldn't really come up with a saying to go along with it. Maybe "Mrs. Gilliard's Beary Sweet Kindergarteners"????
Old 07-01-2006, 04:17 PM
Comrade

I do the teddy bear theme.

Our doors look so much the same, I put a huge pink bear on the door. He is holding a sign. It just says "Welcome to Kindergarten."
The kids and parents watch for the bear.

Brenda
Old 07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Novice

Mississippi
I think I am gonna go with a rodeo theme for my room. I can't decide on a saying to go with it. Any ideas?
Old 07-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Comrade

Florida
Thanks for the ideas! It's a great start. brandigilliard: how about using something like "Welcome to our kindergarten round up". Maybe incorporate horses, cowboys/girls into a bulletin board. I'll try to remember the link where I saw lots of rodeo themed bulletin boards and post it. Any other bear ideas?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:47 AM
Comrade

Florida
brandigilliard: this site might be helpful to you. http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/commun...geid=97617&ck=
Old 07-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Novice

Mississippi
http://teacher.scholastic.com/lesson...curriculum.htm

This site has very good bear ideas.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Rookie

new jersey
Hello everyone. In the fall I will begin my second year teaching 2nd grade at a Catholic school. My principal would like me to use learning centers this year. I have decided that I am going to use a garden theme in my classroom using Carson Dellosa's bees and bugs decorations. I was going to use the bees to help manage the centers and maybe the bug bulletin board characters to identify the specific centers. I also decided to create a MOOSE book. I called mine our BEE Book. It will stand for Best Effort Everyday. I'm still working on deciding on the centers themselves. I feel a little overwhelmed. Does anyone have suggestions? I would really appreciate it. Have a nice holiday.

Tags
bear, door, teddy, theme