A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 03-18-2014, 12:39 AM
Maven

Southern California
SLP Grad Student & 2 Other Jobs
Your Plans for 2014-15?

We're approaching the end of the year & it's time to start thinking about what we'll do next year. If you know you're guaranteed back at your current place, that's great, but for others of you, what do you plan to do?

I'm at this school in which it's my first year there. I despised it at the beginning & didn't know how much more I could take, but I learned to make the best of it, but it's far from great. I do LOVE the schedule I have there now, which is very hard to beat, but I'm going to see what I can find over the summer & if I can't find anything else to my liking, I might, might try to return there. If I don't return, no problem whatsoever! I've got other projects I'm working on.

Old 03-18-2014, 12:41 AM
Connoisseur

CA
5th grade teacher
I'm finishing up my second year teaching first grade at a charter school in southern CA, and I will be teaching fifth grade (most likely) at a charter school in northern CA next year! We are moving in July. I am totally thrilled. I got the job a week ago, and it's been such a relief. I love my current school, but I do not love my current area. I can't wait to move. Also, my new school seems really great. It was my first choice before they even posted any openings. They use a lot of technology, lots of project based learning, and the workshop model, which I completely love. I am VERY excited!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7/8
I'll be back at my same school, teaching, at this point, a split grade 7/8 class. I'm looking forward to a less stressful start to the school year--this year, the first time we stepped into the building was the Friday before school started!

Old 03-18-2014, 04:54 AM
Comrade

Secondary Mathematics
If I'm rehired, I will stay.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Enthusiast

2nd Grade Teacher
I have tenure at my current school but am going to start looking for something closer to home. I drive an hour each way and the commute is starting to get to me. If I don't find anything closer, no problem. I love my current school and am happy to stay.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:23 AM
Groupie

Out west somewhere!
I will be staying at my school, and hopefully in my grade level. That being said I'm not really thrilled in the grade level I'm teaching, but I think it has a lot to do with the kids I have this year more than the actual grade level. I have a pretty tough class and the parents aren't much help.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:20 AM
Companion

I am still technically a sub, though had a 3-month maternity leave position that likely gained me a significant boost to the resume, letters of rec, and overall status. However, my confidence in myself is such that I have yet to decide that I want to start applying to districts this year...

If I'm able to get myself over that hurdle, it'll be just applying to this and numerous other school districts after some initial changes to my resume and adding the letters...and lots of practice interviewing as I am horrible at them.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Phenom

Disney country
Back in the saddle again!
I'm leaving the profession.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Comrade

Ohio, USA
Middle school language arts
I am going to look for other jobs closer to home. If I don't find anything then I will be at my current school. I am desperate to find a school that has a lower work load. I have no textbooks, 1.5 hour classes and no prep period….. Great school with great kids, just too much work. While I know every teaching job takes a lot of work, I know another regular school could be a little less work.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Companion

The Midwest
Prospective High School Teacher
I will be beginning my junior year of college.

I will be doing more actual teaching in my fieldwork. I'm really excited for that.

Tags
plans