A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 03-12-2006, 06:49 PM
Novice

PA
Introduction Letter Home

I am starting a long term position on the 27th of March. I wanted to send a letter home to parents to introduce myself and reassure them that I will be following the same routines, procedures, etc as the teacher out on maternity leave. Does anyone have a good sample letter that I could use as a template? Thanks

Old 03-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Rookie

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Idea Letter - Work In Progress

Hi - I am in the same situation. Through some research on A to Z. I came up with the following letter which is a work in progress. Where I am questioning - is do I need to fill in the gap from 1993 to current with what I have been doing and is it appropriate to say I am a mother of 4. How personal do you get?
Thansk and hopes this help.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dear Families,

My name is ***** and I will be the substitute for Mrs. ***** math classes while she is on maternity leave. I graduated from Millersville University in 1993 with a Bachelor of Science in Education.

I am very excited to be filling in for Mrs. ***** while she is away. I have already been in contact with her for a few days and I am beginning to familiarize myself with the curriculum. I have also visited the classroom already and will spend some more time there with the students before Mrs. ***** leaves. I want to try to make this transition as smooth as possible for the students.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. For now, I can be reached by email at: (Email Address) and starting March 27th you will also be able to reach me by phone at the school.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation during this time of transition for the students and myself. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you!

Thank you again,

Mrs. *****
Old 03-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Aficionado

Massachusetts
5th Grade Teacher
I think you may have gotten your idea from my letter that I posted on here.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM
Rookie

Pennsburg, Pennsylvania
Letter

Yes - I did. It is a great letter and I am sorry that I did not note the source. What are your suggestions on personal information?
Old 03-14-2006, 10:10 AM
Aficionado

Massachusetts
5th Grade Teacher
haha....No need to note the source. I was just reading the letter and thought it sounded familiar.
I wouldn't give any more personal information than what you have. I think the parents should know where you graduated from and what your degree is in, maybe some of your relevant experiences, but that's about it.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Novice

PA
thanks for the suggestions TiAmo and Beth2004 (for the original letter). That sounds like a good letter - I, too, am observing the teacher - actually tomorrow and Monday, and then also have "transition days" on the 22 and 23 of March. The letter sounds good and I may even type it up to show the regular teacher. I will be in close contact with her throughout the experience. Thanks again for all of your help!!!

P.S. TiAmo - where is Pennsburg? Just wondering - I am from PA too - near Harrisburg.

Tags
home, introduction, letter