A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 08-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Groupie

One more interview!

Got an email from the P this morning telling me that he got my materials and to expect a call this afternoon for an interview on Thursday. Phone rang right after that from HR asking me to come in Thursday morning. This is for the upper elementary job (either 5th or 6th grade).

At first she said the slots are all open, take your pick from 9 a.m. on. So I chose 9, because an admin. friend told me she always scheduled her favorites first. But two minutes later the phone rang and she was calling back asking me to come at 9:20 instead. I don't know what that means. This might be the same person who lost my paperwork, so maybe she just messed up.

Anyway, the principal and secretary told me that it would be a very short interview, only 15-20 min. due to the urgency of finding someone.

So...no pressure, right?

Old 08-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Comrade

Georgia
Primary Elementary Teacher
Best Wishes! Awesome. Is it for a LTS or a permanent position? I received an interview for a 4th or 5th grade LTS, however I just do not feel comfortable teaching the higher elementary grades, so didn't take the interview. I am more of an middle school or early elementary school teacher. I know you shouldn't be picky as a teacher, but I don't think I have the right stuff for teaching all the subjects in 4th or 5th, especially with the advanced standards.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:58 AM
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabunny View Post
Best Wishes! Awesome. Is it for a LTS or a permanent position? I received an interview for a 4th or 5th grade LTS, however I just do not feel comfortable teaching the higher elementary grades, so didn't take the interview. I am more of an middle school or early elementary school teacher. I know you shouldn't be picky as a teacher, but I don't think I have the right stuff for teaching all the subjects in 4th or 5th, especially with the advanced standards.
Thanks! It's a full time, contracted position.

If you can teach middle school, why not 4-6? That's actually middle school in some districts.

I've never taught higher than 4th, but I think I'd love the content.

There have been virtually no openings in any of the grades I've taught locally (2--4).
Old 08-13-2013, 10:06 AM
Companion

Wisconsin
3rd Grade Teacher
Best wishes!!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Comrade

Georgia
Primary Elementary Teacher
Sounds like a great job! I am rooting for you!

I have my cert in 6-8 SS and in P-5 Multiple Subject. I student taught in 4th and K, and long term subbed in both. I am not comfortable teaching the higher level math and a little frightened of lesson planning for all the subjects for 4-5th. I do love the kids at that age though. I enjoyed teaching 4th.

I guess I am very gun shy after being out of the classroom for so many years now. I received my CA in 2006 and knowing so many things about education have changed since then (especially the data driven instruction) is unnerving.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Comrade

Tennessee
7th Grade Science
Crossing my fingers for you!!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:19 AM
Phenom

Midwest
Good Luck!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
Comrade

Midwest
Early Childhood Teacher
15-20 min.? Why don't they just have the interview AT the board meeting? Good luck! Maybe this is it!
Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Fanatic

PA
Middle School FACS
So glad to hear about the interview - good luck!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Rookie

New Jersey
Kindergarten Teacher
Good luck! I have an interview tomorrow at 1pm so I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling anxious tonight

Tags
interview