A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 04-30-2013, 08:35 AM
Rookie

Houston
Special Education Teacher
Brochures!!!

So the brochure idea really works! I went to a job fair Saturday and I brought my portfolio which consisted of my resumes, cover letters, my ACP eligibility letter, my philosophy of teaching essay and my BROCHURES. All of which I did the night before in between studying for finals. Well after convincing myself to still attend the fair (I was exhausted went to bed 4am and fair was at 8am) I put on some nice clothes and went. I got there and all the principals were taking one look at my brochures and were really excited with it. I received so many compliments! Well long story short, on principal was so impressed he interviewed me then and there and hired me on the SPOT. This was Saturday and already the vice principal has called to welcome me to the team. I know this is long but I'm just encouraging all job seekers to do it, schools love teachers who aren't afraid to stand out. I am graduating college in two weeks with a job already I place. I will be teaching special edu math 7&8 grade.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Rookie

Houston
Thanks!! I put a picture and quite on front along with my cert area. Inside had my philosophy of teaching, what jobs i had that prepared me to teach, my bio, and a statement on why I wanted to teach
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Rookie

Houston
I meant *quote on front
Old 04-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Comrade

USA
Elementary Teacher
Did you print them on regular paper or fancy, glossy paper? I've heard of this idea before. How difficult was it to create? I am not very artsy/creative
Old 05-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Rookie

Houston
it didnt take too long..just about a couple hours for me because i was doing a million things at once with a restless 2 yr old ....I used a brochure template from micosoft office and made it black and white. I originally wanted it to be in color but this was last minute so i had to use what i had... anyway as it turned out most people i spoke with said they thought it looked more professional in black and white rather than color...all in all i was very happy with it! it was not comlicated at all
Old 05-02-2013, 06:22 PM
Companion

Long Island and CT
Preschool Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokeyoteaches View Post
it didnt take too long..just about a couple hours for me because i was doing a million things at once with a restless 2 yr old ....I used a brochure template from micosoft office and made it black and white. I originally wanted it to be in color but this was last minute so i had to use what i had... anyway as it turned out most people i spoke with said they thought it looked more professional in black and white rather than color...all in all i was very happy with it! it was not comlicated at all
Do you mind sharing yours?? or what template you used? I'm very interested in creating one
Old 05-03-2013, 08:21 PM
Connoisseur

Swamp Country
2nd Grade Teacher
Congrats, that is super exciting!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:34 PM
Comrade

New Jersey
Going back to school...
That's so wonderful! congrats!
I just went to a job fair and everyone was impressed by my brochure too No jobs yet though
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Enthusiast

Midwest
Congratulations on the job!
Old 05-15-2013, 12:32 AM
Rookie

Houston
CreativeTeachR... I wouldn't mind sharing I just have no idea how to upload it but the idea I borrowed off of another lady, her popped up on Google search. and thanks everyone...good luck job searching!!!

Tags
brochure, brochures, hired, interview, job fair, new teacher