A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 02-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Rookie

Pennsylvania
5th Grade Book Report Ideas?

I need to give a book report for the 3rd marking period, but I want it to be fun and exciting. I was thinking of giving my students a few options. Can any one help?

Thank you!

Old 02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
Devotee

Mid-Michigan
Middle School Teacher
Web English Teacher is one of my very favorite sites. Bet you find something here:

http://www.webenglishteacher.com/bookreports.html
Old 02-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Rookie

Pennsylvania
Great Website! Thank You...
Old 02-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Habitué

WV
Kindergarten Teacher
I remember a teacher doing a brown bag book report where the student puts things in a brown bag that are significant to the book or story...they use these props as they retell the significance of each item to the story in a oral book report. I'm sure you are looking for something more concrete for fifth grade but you might be able to incorporate this...good luck!
Old 02-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Companion

Minnesota
Kindergarten Teacher
Tic Tac Toe Options

I put together a Tic Tac Toe board with different options on it (for the different Multiple Intelligences) I put things like create a 3-d Character, write a children's book of the story, create a time-line of the events in the story, write a summary, interview one of the characters, illustrate three chapters, write a song about the story, etc. They have to choose three of the projects (they have to be three in a row tic-tac-toe) and complete them. The nice thing about this is that the students can pick their projects, but I have some control over what they pick. (I can stack the rows so that there are a couple fun projects and one writing assignment.) That way they are doing some things they enjoy and one that will challenge them. The kids really like being able to choose their projects.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Habitué

WV
Kindergarten Teacher
Pecas,
Great idea! I could adapt this and use with all kinds of projects! Thanks for sharing!

Tags
5th, book, grade, ideas, report