A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 02-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Rookie

NJ,USA
Help on Praxis II, Middle school Multiple Subjects

Hi, I am looking to take the Praxis II exam for middle school.

Do you know the difference between "Middle school content knowledge" and "Middle School Multiple subjects" tests? Because both the tests judge you on the same four subjects? Please suggest which one should i take.

Can anyone give me some material related to my test 5141 or 5146? I will be so-----so thankful. I really need it.

Thanks a ton!

Old 02-25-2013, 10:52 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
The two work differently, and the chances are pretty good that New Jersey accepts one but not both. I'd recommend finding out which one works for New Jersey, and go from there.

As for study materials, you may find that some of the resources recommended for multiple subject exams are helpful. Try prowling the Multiple Subject Tests subforum here on A to Z.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 AM
Companion

NJ
Art Teacher
I would call NJDOE/ go on their website or double check on the Praxis website. I know that they recently changed the test for K-5 to a multiple subject test it might be the same for middle school. Do not take any test until you have received the right information. For the k-5 it is the same material but if you fail one of the sections you can retake that section and not the whole test. I am thinking they did the same for middle school.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
The Praxis Web site should also list test requirements for each state.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Comrade

Tennessee
7th Grade Science
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
The Praxis Web site should also list test requirements for each state.
Exactly. I took the one that was content knowledge - pretty simple test, I think I got a 177 out of 200. I would have done better if I knew how to use a scientific calculator I'll need to take a class in that if I expect to teach middle school math!!!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:59 PM
Rookie

NJ,USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbart View Post
I would call NJDOE/ go on their website or double check on the Praxis website. I know that they recently changed the test for K-5 to a multiple subject test it might be the same for middle school. Do not take any test until you have received the right information. For the k-5 it is the same material but if you fail one of the sections you can retake that section and not the whole test. I am thinking they did the same for middle school.
Thanks.. it was a good idea to call up the NJDOE. I got to know a lot of stuff which was not very clearly mentioned on the website.

Now I know that in order to teach a middle school class, I first have to take the elementry level K - 5 multiple subjects exam.

Thanks for the advice
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Rookie

NJ,USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
The two work differently, and the chances are pretty good that New Jersey accepts one but not both. I'd recommend finding out which one works for New Jersey, and go from there.

As for study materials, you may find that some of the resources recommended for multiple subject exams are helpful. Try prowling the Multiple Subject Tests subforum here on A to Z.
yeah thanks... i am clear on a lot of stuff now. I first have to take the elementry level K - 5 multiple subjects exam. only after which i can take the middle school level exam.

I will look out for k-5 test material under Multiple Subject Tests subforum here on A to Z.

Thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 PM
Newcomer

Louisiana
Hey Im preparing for 0014, can someone tell me what you studied to be successful on this test
Old 02-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome, tmnash! 0014 is a test for elementary-school educators, I believe: let me direct you to the Multiple Subject Tests subforum, and you can get there using the Forum Jump tool at the lower left of this page.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Rookie

NJ,USA
Hi, I may sound like a total nut but I could not find any material or even discussion on my test which is Praxs II, Elementary education multiple subjects, #5031.

I did try.. really..

Can anyone send me links, info, material on 5031, plzzzzzzzz??

Thanks.

Tags
middle, multiple, praxis, school, subjects