A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 02-18-2013, 12:59 PM
Connoisseur

USA
Science
COPIES

How does your school handle copies?

My current school has turned making copies into such a freaking hassle I can barely stand it. At the school there is only 1 copy machine and 1 guy who operates it. In order to get anything copied you have to give what you want copied to a superior who will go to get it copied for you. Right now we don't have science books so I went to get some pages copied for the kids and they won't let me do it. Of course the lady I'm supposed to give them to is busy.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Enthusiast

AZ
5th Grade Teacher
We can use the copy machine whenever we want. We have a password so they can see how many copies each teacher makes. If $$$ gets tight and too many copies are being made according to the P, we are then put on limits on how many copies we can make.

I can see why you don't like your system. I wouldn't like it either. I am not sure if there is much you can do about it, unless you think you can get the P to change his/her mind.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
One of our aides used to do copies but the turn around time varied...teachers weren't allowed to make more than ingle copes on a small machine. We brought our questions regarding PTO volunteers were using the big copier for their flyers but that teachers weren't allowed to our administration. Now we can all make copes.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:22 PM
Fanatic

Ohio
Middle/High School English
We can all make copies. We can send them directly from our computer if we want. We can also go down and make copies with our password. There's no limit.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:45 PM
Habitué

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpiaffeteach View Post
We can all make copies. We can send them directly from our computer if we want. We can also go down and make copies with our password. There's no limit.
Same. Before I worked at my school, they had to submit their copy orders to a central copy office and wait to get them back.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Groupie

NJ
We have 7 or 8 copiers in our HS, and no passwords or anything so we can make as much as we need. We also have a secretary who handles copies as her full job so if we have very large jobs, we can leave it with her.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 PM
Connoisseur

2nd Grade Teacher
We have one big machine without a code that's supposed to be used for really big jobs (like copying for a whole grade level instead of just one class), but most people use it whenever they want.

Each teacher is also assigned to a smaller machine. We have a code for that machine, but no limit for black and white copies. We have a set number of color copies on that machine also- I think it's 500.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Habitué

I've seen this done in different ways. Luckily, where I work, anyone can just go down and make copies. As an aide who runs copies for several teachers all the time, this makes things a LOT easier for me! It'd be a nightmare to keep track of all the various limits. The same applies to lamination.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Companion

California
2nd Grade Teacher
We have one copier for the entire staff. We all have codes and the amount of our copies are monitored. Our machine breaks down about 1x /week which is infuriating!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Phenom

Western USA
K-3 Sped Resource Teacher
We can copy whatever we want but we have to type a code in. People who are using "too many" get "spoken too." If we want something in color, we have to submit it to admin and if they decide we need it, they'll print it in color for us. I've heard it's not worth it and haven't even tried. We have a "print shop" that will do bigger jobs for us and we can send things that we know we use (tests, etc.) there about 6 weeks in advance. One of my grade level teammates sends our reading tests and weekly homework (we have a reading test once a week). We used to send more but everything has to be approved by admin and we got accused of sending too much.

Tags
copies