A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 01-16-2013, 07:46 PM
Multitudinous

Ever have something you really want to say to a coworker but can't?

There is a new person at my school this year. She is difficult to work with.

After some things today, here's what I'd like to say to her:

Okay. You win. You clearly know everything about everything. All your ideas are wonderful and perfect. I now know that when you come to me for "advice" or "ideas", what you really want is for me to repeat your ideas; I will not offer suggestions because it makes you angry. When you come to me with problems, I will agree with you and tell you that you are perfect and there is no possible way to resolve your problems; I will not offer suggestions. I don't know how our department managed to survive these past seven years without you. I understand that when you are angry with me, you will stomp away like a child; this is a reasonable reaction from an adult. I also understand that when you are angry with a coworker, you will tattle and request (and receive) a policy change which will result in the extreme inconvenience of everyone in the department; this is also reasonable. You are the greatest teacher ever. Your use of Disney movies in the classroom on a daily basis is ground-breaking. I also appreciate all the delightful hacking and throat-clearing noises you make 20-30 times per class period that I can hear through the walls; my students also appreciate this. It's like sweet, sweet music. Finally, I definitely appreciate how you pulled the fire alarm in your classroom on a cold day "just to see if it worked". You are truly an inspiration.

Okay, that might be a little sarcastic.

Obviously I won't say these things to my coworker, however much I want to.

Do you have anything you really want to say but just can't? Feel free to share it here. No judgment.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Cohort

midwest
Upper Elementary Teacher
Assuming that you aren't the only person who feels this way, if you'd like, I will print this out and mail it to her anonymously. Then maybe she'll waste all her energy on trying to figure out who has relatives in Illinois, instead of annoying you and others.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Cohort

midwest
Upper Elementary Teacher
Best vent ever, by the way.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 PM
Multitudinous

It felt good to get all that stuff off my chest. I really am (I think) a kind, helpful person at school. I would never, ever, ever say these things in person. It's just that I'm so frustrated with this person and I have to work closely with her. Sigh.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:45 PM
Guru

Sweet, sweet music...LOL!

Yes, I have a bit bottled up inside. Some people are incapable of receiving certain messages and there truly is no point in trying to share. It's hard to even feel personal relief when you know your words didn't sink in...thus the bottling.

She's sounds awesome, for the record.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
Connoisseur

Washington
3rd Grade Teacher
She really pulled the alarm?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Multitudinous

Yes. I saw the principal going to her room after the alarm stopped. Later in the day she told our department at a meeting that she did it because she wanted to see if it really worked.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 PM
Virtuoso

MICHIGAN
6th Grade Math/SS
She sounds like a peach.
I actually thought you were describing my very-soon-to-be-former teammate for the first few sentences!

As for me, I'd like to tell half the staff, "When P is making a blanket statement about rules, SHE IS TALKING ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 10:13 PM
Virtuoso

MICHIGAN
6th Grade Math/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar753 View Post
Yes. I saw the principal going to her room after the alarm stopped. Later in the day she told our department at a meeting that she did it because she wanted to see if it really worked.
Was she reprimanded? Wasting the fire department's resources should be a fairly big deal, I'd think.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Devotee

New York
HS Mathematics, Performing Arts
I laughed so much harder than I should have...

Tags
coworker