A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education



Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
waterfall waterfall is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,024
Western USA
K-6 Sped Resource Teacher
More "forced morale"

Just after the last post...we got an e-mail today about our "dress code" for next week.
Monday-Red
Tuesday-Green
Wednesday-Sparkly silver or gold
Thursday-Ugly sweater and santa hat
Friday- we choose with jeans/no jeans before Friday

The e-mail stated that we "need" to have 100% participation to "bring more cheer" to the building. Basically the only item I have is something red. I have some reindeer antlers that I could possibly wear instead of the hat. I have no desire to go purchase an "ugly sweater" (even for a couple of bucks) that I'm being forced to wear once. I also find it ironic that we are not allowed to celebrate/talk about holidays at all ( they say it wastes instructional time/alienates students of certain religions) yet we're being told we "have to" wear a Santa hat and ugly Christmas sweater.

My teammate was seriously suggesting that our whole team where black instead all week, which would be hilarious. I love my team!

At least we aren't getting threatened with our jeans being taken away if we don't do it!
Reply With Quote

 
  #2  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
JustMe JustMe is offline
Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,056
Complete ignorance.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Upsadaisy's Avatar
Upsadaisy Upsadaisy is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 15,426
Florida
I saw a photo of an ugly sweater on Anderson Cooper today - the sweater had two appliqued santa heads over the boods. The carrot noses were 3D and stood straight out. 'Nuf said. Oh, I don't recommend the look. Though you could hang some ornaments off a black sweater.......
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 PM
karebear76's Avatar
karebear76 karebear76 is offline
Habitué
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 980
Ohio
Intermed. Intervention Specialist
I'm so the type that would rebel against something so foolish. We are asked to pay $10 to the flower fund in exchange for wearing jeans daily for 15 days.

I never give the whole amount b/c we are allowed to wear jeans on Fridays as a matter of course, and I always have parent meetings that I don't wear jeans for, and our last day before break is always a jeans day. I count up the days I do wear them and pay that many days. I also do not give the suggested amount for collections. I pay what I feel led to give.

I say go for the black
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Proud2BATeacher's Avatar
Proud2BATeacher Proud2BATeacher is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,764
Sp. Ed. Teacher
lol, I also rebel against forced "fun".

We have to go bowling one year and are forced to dress up. My team wore black. I went but didn't participate last year.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:22 PM
swansong1's Avatar
swansong1 swansong1 is offline
Aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,927
Disney country
Soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Complete ignorance.
I'll take that one step further... "complete ignorants"!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:24 PM
swansong1's Avatar
swansong1 swansong1 is offline
Aficionado
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,927
Disney country
Soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfall View Post
Just after the last post...we got an e-mail today about our "dress code" for next week.
Monday-Red
Tuesday-Green
Wednesday-Sparkly silver or gold
Thursday-Ugly sweater and santa hat
Friday- we choose with jeans/no jeans before Friday

The e-mail stated that we "need" to have 100% participation to "bring more cheer" to the building. Basically the only item I have is something red. I have some reindeer antlers that I could possibly wear instead of the hat. I have no desire to go purchase an "ugly sweater" (even for a couple of bucks) that I'm being forced to wear once. I also find it ironic that we are not allowed to celebrate/talk about holidays at all ( they say it wastes instructional time/alienates students of certain religions) yet we're being told we "have to" wear a Santa hat and ugly Christmas sweater.

My teammate was seriously suggesting that our whole team where black instead all week, which would be hilarious. I love my team!

At least we aren't getting threatened with our jeans being taken away if we don't do it!
Buy some things and send the bill to the superintendent with a copy of the memo?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:29 PM
comaba comaba is offline
Comrade
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 436
midwest
Upper Elementary Teacher
I would drop off an anonymous note to the P stating that the best way to "bring more cheer" to the building is to stock the teachers' lounge with SoCo for the week.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Go Blue! Go Blue! is offline
Devotee
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,028
Maryland
US History & World History
Quote:
Originally Posted by swansong1 View Post
Buy some things and send the bill to the superintendent with a copy of the memo?
LOL!

I would tell my Admin that the only thing that would lift my spirits and bring me more cheer is a cash bonus.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 PM
waterfall waterfall is offline
Phenom
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,024
Western USA
K-6 Sped Resource Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Blue! View Post
LOL!

I would tell my Admin that the only thing that would lift my spirits and bring me more cheer is a cash bonus.
So true! That would definitely add some "holiday cheer."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
forced morale

Thread Tools

Forum Jump

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




Mr. Rebates

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Copyright © 1997-2010 A to Z Teacher Stuff, L.L.C.  All Rights Reserved.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms of use.
Questions, comments, and suggestions: Contact Us
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.