A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 12-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Newcomer

Currently teaching, applying to other school district questions

I am currently in my first year teaching at a HS. I am looking to teach elsewhere for a number of reasons. When applying online to other school districts- I am not sure what to do with my references, since I do not want my supervisor and co-workers to know that I am applying elsewhere. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your help!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by macarthur4 View Post
I am currently in my first year teaching at a HS. I am looking to teach elsewhere for a number of reasons. When applying online to other school districts- I am not sure what to do with my references, since I do not want my supervisor and co-workers to know that I am applying elsewhere. What do you suggest?

Thanks for your help!
I'm in the exact same boat....
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Novice

I'm in the same boat too.

I moved to a new state and took the first job I could get out of necessity. Now, I realize it was a horrible fit and my commute is an hour in both directions. I want to move to a school closer to home and one down the street (I'm talking 7 minutes!) has an opening. I just don't know how to address a change in the middle of the school year.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Novice

Texas
Middle School Teacher
No easy answer but at some point, a school that is considering you will contact your supervisor. Should that be the first time your supervisor has any hint that you were looking?

I enjoy teaching where I teach but it is far from my first choice. Last year I did let my supervisor know I applied to other schools. I'm still there. It hasn't been an issue. He knows I like teaching there and that I do the best job I am capable of.

Tags
applying, district, questions, school, teaching