A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Behavior Management Archives

Old 01-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Novice

Oklahoma City metro
Seating chart integrated with classroom management

Someone on these forums pointed me to an interesting site the other day:

http://www.classroomcontrol.com/

They've got a seating chart program that allows teachers to create instant discipline reports. It seems to be in an early production stage right now, and they've told me they could use some feedback on how that can continue to develop the program. If anyone else can help, I'm sure they'd be quite appreciative. Have fun with it!

Old 01-11-2006, 09:37 PM
Newcomer

Florida
Seating Chart Program

I downloaded the program and found it quite interesting. The discipline documents translate into Spanish for parents that do not speak English. This was useful for me here in South Florida.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:01 AM
Rookie

Classroom Management

As with any classroom management plan, it is up to the teacher to "follow-through." For example, a student is misbehaving and is given a verbal warning. The student continues to disrupt the class and the teacher persists with the verbal warnings. The student soon realizes the teacher is "soft" and the bad behavior persists. Classroom management is only effective with follow-through. I did notice that the program is a seating chart-based behavior program which curbs classroom disturbances by issuing progressive consequences and that is really excellent. Good classroom management mandates a simple formula I want to share with everyone. I once taught at one of the toughest schools in the county and the school actually had four assigned full-time police officers. One day at lunch I could not help but ask the officer why some teachers were so effective and others were not. He mumbled, "Bad behavior....consequences......bad behavior consequences....." It took me a while to understand this but over time I realize he was right.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
Newcomer

I noticed that if you right click on the student picture you can drag the student into another seating position. It will bring all the files to the new position. I take some bad behaved kids and put them in the back. I like to isolate them.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Connoisseur

Southeast
also if you go to scholastic.com, there is a program on there that allows you to pick the size and shape of your room, place windows, doors, and desks. plus all the other furniture in your room like kidney bean tables and book cases!

Tags
chart, classroom, integrated, management, seating