A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Grade Specific Forums > Preschool

Old 08-03-2008, 10:55 AM
Newcomer

Kindergarten Teacher
do you think you can send me a copy of the plan for K as well? BIG BIG HELP! Thank you!

Old 08-25-2008, 12:19 AM
Companion

anybody have FIRST GRADE plans- I am a new teacher... who could really use the help
Old 09-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Newcomer

Florida
kindergarten, first & second grade
I would love a copy of the yearly plan for kindergarten too! Thanks!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Newcomer

Illinois
Kindergarten Teacher
Kindergarten plan for Lucy Caulins writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5teacher View Post
I do not post much on here but I saw the question about Lucy Calkins and became curious Our district has had training offered for the Lucy Calkins Writing and we went to see her at a conference. I took a week long course on it this summer that really helped. The "Units of Study" for kindergarten are different than going straight through the books. When I took the course this summer our teacher gave us a plan for the year in kindergarten. If anyone would like it I will be able to get it from school tomorrow. I do use Lucy Calkins and I love it
I am having difficulty teaching my students writing using Lucy Calkins. I came across your post that you have a plan for Lucy Calkins writing in kindergarten. I was hoping you could share your plan with me. I too attended a training but it was only half day and very rushed. Thanks so much for your help.
[email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email]
Old 11-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Comrade

California
6th Grade Language Arts
I was trained in the Units of Study when I taught kinder. I loved it!! It just makes sense and the kids LOVED writing! They learned at an early age how dialog works, how to revise & edit their own writing, how to change the form of their writing (taking a narrative & turning it into a letter or a list, etc.).

I changed schools & started it with my 4th graders. My grade level partner had not seen the program and loves it - she spread the word and now we have many teachers who are interested in the program! It's really exciting for me because I love this writing program.

For upper elem teachers - you may want to look into
"Writing About Reading: From Book Talk to Literary Essays" by Janet Angelillo - A great book to connect your read aloud to reading workshop to the Writing Workshop.
&
"Mastering the Mechanics" by Linda Hoyt & Therriault - for the grammar/conventions piece for Writing Workshop - punctuation and grammar are tools to enhance the writer's message
Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM
Newcomer

WA
Kindergarten Teacher
I would love a copy of the yearly plan for kindergarten
Old 02-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Newcomer

tampa florida
Kindergarten Teacher
another k in need

I also starting using the Lucy Culkins for my K's. I would love the calendar you mentioned to use as a guideline. If anyone else has anything they think would be helpful I can use all information I can get!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Newcomer

Durham, North Carolina
Timeline for Kinder

I would love a copy of the calendar/timeline. We are also developing one that I will share. Is it available on a website? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Newcomer

Arkansas
Literacy Coach
I am a literacy coach for grades k and 1st. We ar beginning the Lucy Clakins writing wrokshop in kindergarten next year. I would love to see how your school has kindergarten implementing this program. First grade played with it this year, but it will be new for kindergarten. I am trying t figure out how to move it into kindergarten.
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5teacher View Post
I do not post much on here but I saw the question about Lucy Calkins and became curious Our district has had training offered for the Lucy Calkins Writing and we went to see her at a conference. I took a week long course on it this summer that really helped. The "Units of Study" for kindergarten are different than going straight through the books. When I took the course this summer our teacher gave us a plan for the year in kindergarten. If anyone would like it I will be able to get it from school tomorrow. I do use Lucy Calkins and I love it
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Newcomer

Milwaukee, WI
Kindergarten Teacher
I just noticed your post about Lucy Calkins for kindergarten. I would love to see the yearly plan for kindergarteners.

Tags
calkins, lucy, primary, study, units, writers