A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Companion

St. Louis, Missouri
Help with the outcast child

Okay, I have a student in my third grade. He is very mature socially and has a great capacity to learn. His mom passed away a few years ago and he was a nightmare when he came to our school in first grade. Now he is doing better(not great), but he is already labled as a bully. He picks on other kids, but very quitly. Noone ever sees him do it. Almost every parent has asked that their child not have to sit next him. I only have about two places in the room where he can sit. I really like this kid and I know he has tons of potential, but I don't know hhow to help the other kids see past his behaviors. HELP
Thanks

Old 11-30-2005, 07:55 PM

Way down south in Dixie!
Was PreK SPE, now HS SPE.
http://bcmnc.blount.k12.al.us/bullies.htm you may want to check out some of the sites on there.

Lori
Old 11-30-2005, 08:57 PM
Companion

St. Louis, Missouri
Thanks for the websites. These seem great. Unfortunately I need to be able to talk to the class in a very unstructured way. The school is working in a new bullying policy and I can't officially do anything. I'm so frustrated I feel like my hands are tied. I just wish there was a way to either catch him bullying or catch one of the other kids making it up. I want this child to feel good at school and I want the others to feel safe.

Tags
child, outcast