A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 11-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Newcomer

CA
TPA's 3 and 4

These are the last two things I need to do before I finish my credential. Are there any places you've seen that have samples of the two completed? I have searched EVERYWHERE and I can't find anything! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has any TPAs finished that they could send my way, my e-mail is [email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email] I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you

Old 11-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Guru

I don't know what a TPA is. Should your professors be able to help?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Enthusiast

SoCal
High School English Teacher
TPAs are part of the CA credential program. Sorry, I got mine long before they invented this particular hoop for you to jump through. I agree; get guidance from your professors--that's what they're there for, isn't it?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Aficionado

I also say, talk to your professor. While they don't have TPA's in my state, I searched to find out exactly what they looked like and what was expected. What I can say is that I understand why you can't find "samples" out there because a good answer would be the answers to the assessment... I expect they want to see how you answer fill out the assessment and present for TPA4, not how well you can mimic and copy someone else because the fact of the matter is most of the time you will be on your own in the classroom. This isn't like a Praxis.

Good luck. I wish you well.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Habitué

California
High school biology
When I did the TPAs, my professors had all of us share our drafts with each other, so that we could see how other students were approaching the answers and we could help each other write more clearly. Are your professors not doing this?
Old 11-21-2011, 09:19 AM
Rookie

I have just passed TPA 3. It is about differential assessments. You have to make adaptations and accommodations in the assessments, collect students' work, analyze it and then reflect what could you have done differently.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Aficionado

Central Valley of California
High School English (Alt. Ed.)
based on what I remember from a year ago, in TPA 3 i planned and taught a lesson, collected their work and analyzed it. I remember i was teaching 5 paragraph essays, so I had quite a lot of documents from each student, evidence of brainstorming, rough draft, edit/ revision, final draft, my instructions, rubric, etc. And of course the lesson plan.
It seemed like a lot of work, but it was something that i was teaching anyways, i just had to do a little extra work.

For TPA 4 it was the same thing, but now besides student work, (all of the above) i also had to video tape the lesson.

I think for both i had to choose 5 focus students, and submit all their work, but still had to analyze the entire class.

You don't necessarily need to see samples, this way no one is confusing you and you are doing your won thing. I never got to see any samples, and i passed just fin./ Good luck!

Give yourself enough time, otherwise it can get stressful!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abenavides View Post
These are the last two things I need to do before I finish my credential. Are there any places you've seen that have samples of the two completed? I have searched EVERYWHERE and I can't find anything! Please, any help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has any TPAs finished that they could send my way, my e-mail is EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead I would greatly appreciate any help! Thank you
ooh, I'm reporting you to the mods for using FOUL language!! TPA is a foul, offensive word!!!

Tags
tpa