A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > New Teachers Archives

Old 10-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Newcomer

Alberta
Question High school teacher halloween costumes?

hello! so i'm a first year teacher (teaching grade 10 science and grade 11 biology) and with halloween coming up, i was wondering if anyone has any neat (and preferrably inexpesive) halloween costume ideas? Idoesnt have to be geared towards a science teacher, but i figured i'd throw that out there incase anyone happened to have some ideas for science teachers.

My sister is a 2nd year high school english teacher and for anyone who was lookin for an idea she is wearing a tiara and a large brown paper bag and goin as "the paper bag princess" (from the childrens book)

Please help!

Old 10-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Newcomer

Big Smile halloween ideas

Try doing something with your whole department (if you can get them all to participate). One year we (go science dept!) all dressed up as different types of roads. Everyone wore jeans, a black shirt and put some yellow lines down the front. There was Rhode Island, Road -E-O (rodeo), someone dressed up as The Boss (Thunder Road), and of course a mutilated stuffed animal bunny pinned to a shirt for road kill.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:58 PM
Rookie

Texas
I think a mad scientist with a lab coat and a pair of goggles and a kettle with dry ice would be fitting
Old 10-29-2005, 05:07 PM
Devotee

California
Kindergarten Teacher
I found a cute "spaghetti and meatballs" costume you could put together with stuff mostly from home...I teach Kinder, and this meal is my kids' hands-down favorite. But I'm opting to go as a princess to my partner's "Knight in Shining Armor." Oh well. (For me, goofy is better than trying to come across as too serious and getting it wrong!! :-D)

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and...&craftid=10225
Old 10-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Novice

SD
Be a "smartie pants"....tape smartie candy on your pants!

Tags
costumes, halloween, high, school, teacher