A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 06-06-2011, 11:35 PM
Novice

CO
Substitute Teacher
Hey does anyone have any cute cover pages, and dividers for a teacher portfolio?

I like professional but attractive cover page and divider designs and was wondering if anyone knew any websites that I could download them from? Thanks!!

Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 AM
Multitudinous

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
I have a scrapbooking program that allowed me to make my own. I think that you can buy a good scrapbooking for under $50.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Groupie

I used stationary paper (you know the kind with the cutesy border, etc). I put educational quotes that meant something to me on each one of my dividers. I imagaine, though, you could do something cuter like maybe put pics from your teaching,etc on on the divders. Oh I might do that. I have a ton of pics from ST but my only year of teaching.

The only thing holding me back from doing more with the port is that (darn if I don't feel like Debbie Downer lately), most P's don't even look at the portfolio. out of probably 50 interviews I've been on over the last couple of years, I have never been asked for it. I open it when it is appropriate to show something but never asked. In fact, what I do is create a mini port to had out at interviews so they will look at what I can do.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:11 AM
Companion

IL
Substitute Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by l8ybugmom View Post

The only thing holding me back from doing more with the port is that (darn if I don't feel like Debbie Downer lately), most P's don't even look at the portfolio. out of probably 50 interviews I've been on over the last couple of years, I have never been asked for it. I open it when it is appropriate to show something but never asked. In fact, what I do is create a mini port to had out at interviews so they will look at what I can do.
This is exactly why my portfolio if woefully out of date. During student teaching they told us principals never look at it so there was no point in keeping one past when it was graded during out Block classes.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Groupie

I just used the sheets that are provided in MS Word under Projects...they have a variety of styles, most are professional-looking, and you can customize with text. I wouldn't spend money on anything, b/c I agree, many committees do not even look at these.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Companion

Midwest
4th Grade Teacher
I just used stationary paper I found. I was told not to use cute paper, but to keep it professional. I also put a piece of cardstock in page protectors behind the page for the dividers.
Old 06-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Aficionado

Middle of the USA
HS English & Psych, Adjunct too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Teaching View Post
I like professional but attractive cover page and divider designs and was wondering if anyone knew any websites that I could download them from? Thanks!!
Google images ... find something you like, then size it to fit the page.

Tags
cover, cute, dividers, hey, pages, portfolio, teacher