A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > General Education Archives

Old 09-21-2005, 08:54 AM
Rookie

GEORGIA
Please Help

I have to write a lesson plan using these concepts one to one correspondence, stable order rule, order irrelevance rule, cardinality rule. I am supposed to be teaching the students how to count to 15 rationally. The problem is I don’t know what those concepts mean. Can anyone help

Old 09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP Grad Student & 2 Other Jobs
Hopefully, you've thought of this, but the first things I'd do is look these terms up under Google or some other search engine. I honestly have no idea what these means either! Are you sure you weren't able to ask your co-op teacher or something?
Old 09-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Groupie

Primary Elementary Teacher
I just had a test on this stuff today. Well, some of it.
here's the definitions from my textbook:

One-to-one Correspondence: If the elements of sets P and S can be paired so that for each element of P there is exactly one element of S there is exactly one element of P for each element of S and for each element of S there is exactly one element of P, then the sets P and S are said to have one-to-one corresponcence.

Ok, I know thats really wordy, but basically, if Sally, Bob, and Fred each want dessert, and there's one piece of pie, one piece of cake, and some candy. Each kid will get 1 dessert. The amount of options is 3!, or 3x2x1, or 6 different option about who gets which dessert.

Well, I can't find my notes on the other stuff right now, but I hope this helps!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Rookie

GEORGIA
I asked my mentor and she referred me to a book I don’t have.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Rookie

GEORGIA
Thank you Danny
Old 09-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Groupie

Primary Elementary Teacher
What I started doing (at the advice of a teacher) a few years ago was collecting any teaching books I could find. Yard sales are a gold mine, and also when the schools get new books they need something to do with the old ones. I have books for everything, so when I get an assignment I can just go to my neatly filed books. It really comes in handy. All of mine are in storage back home this semester though. I miss them
Old 10-01-2005, 12:25 PM
Habitué

West Coast
Middle School Teacher
Good Idea !
Old 11-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Newcomer

Georgia
You sound like a WGU student!! I'm in the process of finding this info, also Good luck!!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Enthusiast

California
High School Teacher
I guess I could define all these things for you. But it sounds like you need a little practice searching the internet. This is all related to "Number Sense". Do a search on that, or "stable order rule", or "order irrelevance rule".
Old 11-11-2005, 08:04 AM

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcolm
I guess I could define all these things for you. But it sounds like you need a little practice searching the internet. This is all related to "Number Sense". Do a search on that, or "stable order rule", or "order irrelevance rule".
Ok I'm being lazy I'll admit it. But I have my degree already. What the heck is Stable order Rule. I have never heard that one. Maybe I was counting ceiling tiles when the teacher explained that one.