A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 09-01-2005, 04:05 PM
Novice

ny
Classroom Door

I always put the same think on my door. I am looking for a new idea. Can anyone share a picture of their door? THANKS!

Old 09-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Novice

California
What grade do you teach and what have you always used?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:07 PM
Novice

ny
answer

I have always used the posters from the store. It has a place for me to put my name, grade, and class. I am a third grade teacher.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Fanatic

Kansas
Hobby Lobby -- craft stores ---have wooden and tin seasonal welcome signs. They are not very expensive and look so professional, decorative and classeeee...
Old 09-01-2005, 05:41 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
How about cute Ellison die cut shapes in a theme and put kids names on door and a title? Like fish- What a great catch, or stars- Star students or apples- the apples of ms. ______'s eye......You get the drift.....
Old 09-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Novice

California
I did Fall into a New Year with leaves falling down the door. I had the kids write their names on the leaves. Last year I did Step into a New Year and had little feet for them to write their names on. I had the saying look like steps going down. I got lots of compliments on that one. good luck
Old 09-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
I have "Step into Grade 5" on my door right now. When the kids come on Tuesday, they will trace their footprint, then decorate with their name, etc.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:38 AM
Comrade

Virginia-United States
Kindergarten Teacher
I just have smiley faces with the kids names on them. Then on the fancy stationary paper I typed up and printed out:
Welcome!
5th Grade
Ms. Buren
Room 403

I also have one of the posters from the store but I put that one on the wall beside my door. I only bought it because it has a flamingo on it Can't turn that down!
Old 09-02-2005, 11:09 AM
Phenom

Arkansas, USA
2nd Grade All-Boy Teacher
Unfortunately, I can't put much decoration on my door. If you check out my website, under Browse our Classroom, you can see our door. On the outside I have a lamintated poster (bought for $1.99) that has my name and room number. Also is our large magnetic room number, and a sign for parents to visit the office before coming in. On the inside I post important information: tornado drill, fire drill, No Bullying sign, Special classes sign, and Morning Check List signs. This opens up the wall space around my door for decorations.

For new ideas:
Welcome to My Pad/Hop into our class- frogs with students names on them
*Target has a Welcome To My Pad flag on sale for $12.99 right now.

Fall Into Our Class-same as mbboss' idea

Learn to Discover-with underwater theme (fish net, treasure chest, etc...) students as divers or fish
*Wal-Mart has a "Books Are Treasures" banner on sale for $2.00 right now

Hang Out In Our Class (Room)- Large tree, or vines with monkeys (students names) hanging from it

We're Wild About Learning-With various wild animals (student names)

Welcome To Our Pack- Pack of crayons
*There is actually a bb set with this theme. You can buy the border and large posters to go with it.

Hope this helps
Old 09-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Companion

Arkansas
3rd Grade Writing
I have "First Grade is a Bushel of Fun". It is an apple tree with a basket of apples underneath it. There is a picture of it in my album. Choose "View Photos without signing in." You don't have to have an account to see them.
View Photos

Tags
classroom, door