Sorry for dragging up an old thread, but with all the spotty information on the US Constitution exam, this thread has become one of the top Google search results. I thought I'd help improve it by adding 2 recent available exam options in Southern California:
LA County Office of Education
* $70 Cashier's Check made out to LACOE is the only form of payment, unfortunately
* You are allowed to bring 1 page of handwritten notes
* There is a study site that contains 110 questions, 72 of which will be on the test itself
* Located in Downey, CA
* Call ahead, test is offered any day M-F
* Test offered on MONDAYS only @ 2:30PM
* Hennessey's book is the study guide
* 75 questions, true or false
* Located in Westwood
From what I have read, California just changed the US Constitution requirement in 2 ways:
1: The exam itself will no longer be accepted after Jan 1st, 2013. You will have to take an acceptable US Constitution course instead.
2: The US Constitution requirement has had its "due date" moved to "within your first 2 years of teaching" so it can be completed while you do BTSA.