A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Archives (Read-Only) > Archives > General Archives > Elementary Education Archives

Old 04-28-2002, 06:24 PM

Question

This Friday is my last day of student teaching. I teach 4th graders. I wanted to do something special for my students on my last day. Because I am still in school I obviously do not have a lot of money to spend but still want to do someting memorable! I was just wondering if any of you veteran teachers out there had any ideas of things they have seen....and liked. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your help!

Old 04-28-2002, 07:13 PM

Illinois
Preschool Teacher
I'm still a student also, and last Friday I finished my clinicals with first graders...I got them all stickers (I found little 15 cent sheets of Mrs. Grossman's stickers that they LOVED!). I'm not sure if your 4th graders are too cool for that, but my kids were loving it. You might also be able to find some really cool pencils or pens for cheap that they'd like...they have some sparkly pencils out now that seem to be all the rage. I've also heard of people getting a copy of a class picture, and giving one to each child with a special note. Hope that gives you some ideas!
Old 05-01-2002, 08:36 AM

Last spring I student taught in third grade. I bought a bag of hershey's hugs and cute pencils at the dollar store. Then I wrapped them up in colored plastic wrap and tied it with ribbon. They were pretty cute looking and the kids seemed to like them. Also it was verry inexpensive.

Tags
day, student, teaching