A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > A to Z Teacher Stuff > Introductions

Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Companion

Kansas
Hello Everyone...

My name is mommafran and this is my first post even though I have been lurking for a while.

I am in school and God willing will get my degree in Elementary Ed next year. I am also in the middle of taking my praxis exams and missed the math potion by one point yesterday which is driving me crazy. A part of me feels good about the fact that I am close and my studying has paid off but the other part feels wow if only I had gotten that one additional point. I got 171 and I need 172!! I guess I am looking for people that can relate and perhaps give me some pointers.

Thanks

Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Virtuoso

No tips, but welcome to the boards and good luck with your test!
Old 10-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Virtuoso

Mexico
1st grade teacher
Welcome to the forum!
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Companion

Kansas
@ Kangaroo, thanks!!

@Tamj, thanks!!
Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Aficionado

Indiana
High School Social Studies
Hello and welcome

I really don't a lot about what I am going to suggest so hopefully other posters will correct my information if I get it totally wrong Anyway, we had a new teacher in a similar situation, missed one of the required Praxis by one point, and she paid to have her test rescored and ended up passing by 5 points. Do you know anything about having your test rescored??

Good Luck
Old 10-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Connoisseur

NC
Kindergarten Teacher
No tips, but welcome! I entered grad school at 52, so I know you can pull off the test thing!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
mommafran, welcome to A to Z!

Is the test that's giving you grief Praxis I/PPST or Praxis II? If it's Praxis I, you might want to visit the Basic Skills Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers; if it's Praxis II, try the Multiple Subject Tests subforum (you can use the Forum Jump tool at the lower left of this page to get to either).

I've heard of a very few cases in which rescoring helped, but many more in which it was a waste of time and money.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:25 PM
Companion

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by INteacher View Post
Hello and welcome

I really don't a lot about what I am going to suggest so hopefully other posters will correct my information if I get it totally wrong Anyway, we had a new teacher in a similar situation, missed one of the required Praxis by one point, and she paid to have her test rescored and ended up passing by 5 points. Do you know anything about having your test rescored??

Good Luck
No I don't but I will look into it.....five points wow? did she do her test on the computer or written? It just seems highly unlikely a computer made a mistake but one never knows. Thanks for the tip and I will most definately look into it.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Companion

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGroupie View Post
mommafran, welcome to A to Z!

Is the test that's giving you grief Praxis I/PPST or Praxis II? If it's Praxis I, you might want to visit the Basic Skills Tests subforum under Examinations for Teachers; if it's Praxis II, try the Multiple Subject Tests subforum (you can use the Forum Jump tool at the lower left of this page to get to either).

I've heard of a very few cases in which rescoring helped, but many more in which it was a waste of time and money.
Its Praxis I and thanks so much for the pointer. You guys are great around here.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
C'mon over to Basic Skills Tests, and let's talk about what's holding you back, hm?