A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 08-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Rookie

Ontario, Canada
How do I get into the Toronto supply teaching list?

So I have sent them all my documents and they even sent me a receipt that they received it. They haven't called me for an interview though. What should I do? Should I call them?
All all OCT teachers eligible to get on the supply list?

Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
TDSB? As far as I know, as long as you are OCT you are eligible. When did you submit your application and documentation--if within the last month or two they may not be conducting interviews for occasional teachers during the summer. It may not hurt to give Human Resources a call to ask if interviews for Occasional Teachers are on-going.

Good luck! Are you limited to Toronto only or are you able to apply to Durham, York or Peel as well?

Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Rookie

Ontario, Canada
Actually I graduated in 2007 from an Ontario University with BEd. I applied to TDSB, Peel and York but I did not hear back from any of them. Only a few people in my class got interviews, but they had masters, PhD or French. So then I went to Alberta to teach, and then to UK. Now I am back to Toronto,and can't move from here right now. I want to get onto the TDSB supply list, but it seems they have rigorous interview process even to get on the TDSB supply list? Is that true? They did not call me for an interview in 2007 and even now they haven't called. I don't know what to do if I can't even get on the supply list.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:03 AM
Multitudinous

Ontario, Canada
Grade 7
I'm not sure of the process in Toronto. While you're waiting to see if you can get on the list, you may want to think about putting in applications to as many of these private schools as are feasible:
http://www.ourkids.net/toronto-private-schools.php . I worked in two very small private schools in the 80s when I first graduated because there wasn't anything else and, while neither was ideal, I did gain some valuable experience. If you are able, making yourself visible in some schools--through volunteering or offering to run an after school or lunch time program, may help get a foot in the door.

Tags
list, supply, teaching, toronto