A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM
Comrade

USA
Primary Elementary Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeceekids View Post
I just cut and paste a shortened version of my cover letter in the body of my email and attach my resume and teaching brochure to the email.
OK this may seem like a really dumb question, but how do you attach your brochure???? I have tried so many times and it comes up that the file is too big!! I'm so frustrated!

Old 06-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Novice

Connecticut
K-5 Tutor searching for a classroom
if you can turn it into a pdf... if you don't have the software, you can download it for free off the internet. that should make the file much smaller
Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Novice

Somewhere else, US
Math
I personally don't think it's absolutely necessary to e-mail principals. Maybe if you get the initial interview and it's with a principal or whomever, then I can understand it. But if you don't even get an interview, I don't think it's worth it. The only time I went to a principal was in-person when I didn't have a FT job at that time. I had connections and a good sense of the area, and I was particularly interested in the school. But if you don't have a lot to stand on, many people would rather wait until you get picked out of a pile from my experience.

I've even worked with a person where if you sent that person stuff, that person was much more likely to reject you whether you were staff, parent, or interviewee.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:45 PM
Novice

Maryland
4th Grade Teacher
I also graduated in December 09 also. Early this year (like April) I attended job fairs and dropped off my resume with represented schools. About 2-3 weeks after that I sent out individual emails to the principals of those schools to (1) introduce myself, (2) thank them for having a representative at the job fair and (3) inquire about any openings, along with attaching my resume, praxis scores and a paper with info about me from my action research.

Some principals never responded, others told me they didn't have openings at the moment but would keep my info on file, others simply stated they currently weren't doing interviews and one said she currently had no openings but to check back in a few weeks. Well I did email that principal a few weeks later, got an interview and now have the job.

Therefore I would say go for it. I wish you the best of luck if you are still searching.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:08 PM
Newcomer

Texas, USA
What did you say in the e-mail?

Tags
email, principals