A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:53 PM
Companion

TEXES Generalist 4-8

I know the passing score for the Generalist 4-8 is a 240, but I am wondering if anyone knows how many questions one can miss and still manage to pass with a 240. Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
It depends on the test, to be honest... but for most teacher tests, passing is in the vicinity of 2/3 to 3/4 correct.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Newcomer

Houston,TX
TeXes 111 Generalist 4-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeceekids View Post
I know the passing score for the Generalist 4-8 is a 240, but I am wondering if anyone knows how many questions one can miss and still manage to pass with a 240. Thanks!
---- posted 01/2011
I used only the TeXes preparation manual from the ets website, truthfully, because I could not afford the book. I registered for the test in November and studies for 3 months off and on. In the months of December and January, I took the practice test as many times as my body would allow me to. I was scheduled to take the test Jan 22, a Sat.

The test was harder than what I studied for on all sections. It was taken on computer.
I completed the test which took the whole 5 hours. There were 130 questions. I did not add up the total number I got right yet, but will later...When I sat down to do the test, I noticed nothing I studied was on the test, at least 10% of what I I had studied, was probably on there. So- I thought. I did not feel good about the test. I had a very bad feeling in my stomach that I didn't do well.I wanted to forfeit my scores. What I was able to do during the test though, was weed out the two incorrect answers, and choose the best answer possible. There was a lot of reading for each subject. I got my scores back during lunch time on that Tuesday.....I passed, Thank You Jesus!!!Study long over a period of time, Study Hard...You will do fine. My highest scores were History, ELA.. Math & Science were even...I am a teacher. Thank God!

[email]EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead[/email]
Old 01-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Congratulations, shelw_1978!

For the record, the A to Z software is set up to delete email addresses automatically: the site owner (who I am not) doesn't like to leave fodder for spambots just lying about. You can certainly invite other members to send you a PM, however.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:08 AM
Newcomer

TX
I took this test yesterday and I feel EXACTLY like ShelW 1978. It was much harder than the prep material. In fact, it's shocking to me that what was on the exam is what middle school kids are learning! I swear I didn't learn a lot of the math until college! LOL... Holding my breath to see if I passed, but I don't think I did.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
What's on the exam is not in fact what middle school students are learning, or at least it shouldn't be: the exam should be testing prospective teachers at a higher level, because it's pretty hard to teach material if you're not at least several steps ahead of what the students are learning.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:47 PM
Rookie

tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAM1234 View Post
I took this test yesterday and I feel EXACTLY like ShelW 1978. It was much harder than the prep material. In fact, it's shocking to me that what was on the exam is what middle school kids are learning! I swear I didn't learn a lot of the math until college! LOL... Holding my breath to see if I passed, but I don't think I did.
Hi, KAM1234, so did you passed your test. I did my EC-6 this passed Feb. 12, 2012 but did not passed it. I felt so bad, cause I had read all the material available out there. I don't know what is wrong with me, I can do all the practice test on paper but once I touch the computer I go nuts. I think I passed the test when I finish it, but then the results are NOT PASSED. I don't remember how many times I have seen these word. Please help if you have any advice. I wil help you in anything you need. Hey have you taken the PPR Exam?

Tags
generalist, texes