A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 03-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Newcomer

WI
Teach For America 5 minute lesson

Hi!
I am preparing for my final TFA interview this coming week. I need to plan a 5 minute lesson that is engaging and interactive. I want to focus on the Elementary level, I am thinking first grade. I was possibly considering doing the lesson on punctuation, but don't know if this would be a very exciting lesson topic. I would really appreciate any suggestions and feedback on any lesson ideas any of you may have. It can be on any subject, but can last no more than 5 minutes.
Thank you!

Old 03-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Companion

SC
what grade????? if you do punctuation (EW!) make human sentences - laminate cards that have punctuation marks - give to kids (in this case the people observing) - have them form human sentences and put in the write punctuation

how bout a healthy eating lesson - laminate pictures of foods - spread out on a table - read little red riding hood but change it up that she has to take grandma some healthy foods - have kids choose what goes in the basket!

Tags
america, lesson, minute, teach