A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Rookie

Southern California
Substitute Teacher
How to show NCLB Compliance in CA

Hello! I am applying for a job through Edjoin and the posting asks to attach proof of NCLB compliance. Does anyone know what sort of documentation I should attach?

Thanks!

Old 01-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Virtuoso

Mexico
1st grade teacher
I had this question before. I think it refers to the CBEST and CSETS, and CLAD certification, but if you are coming out of a credential program you already have those things. Your type of credential should be proof enough (if it is a newer one).
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Rookie

Southern California
Substitute Teacher
Thank you! I just wasn't sure what to attach. I have all of those things, so I will include the CSET and CBEST scores with my application.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
Virtuoso

Mexico
1st grade teacher
No prob!
Old 01-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Comrade

As far West as you can go!
CSET scores show this...I also have a paper from the district I work in that says that I am NCLB compliant in the areas that I am and that I obtained this through test scores (the CSET)
Old 06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Newcomer

california
Primary Elementary Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by ereliz33 View Post
Hello! I am applying for a job through Edjoin and the posting asks to attach proof of NCLB compliance. Does anyone know what sort of documentation I should attach?

Thanks!
This is the information I recieved:
"You are looking for a Certificate of Compliance (California's NCLB verification) which can only be issued by a public school district. It appears you hold (or will hold) a Single Subject foreign language: Spanish credential and are therefore highly qualified via a (bachelor degree) or (CSET, NTE, MSAT, PRAXIS or other state level examination)."

"Unfortunately you canít get a Certificate of Compliance until you are hired by a district. I suggest you state in your cover letter you are a highly qualified in foreign language: Spanish via (bachelor degree) or (exam) but do not have a Certificate of Compliance as you are new to the profession. I would suggest creating a word document which states the same and attach that when asked to attach your NCLB verification."

I hope it helps.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Connoisseur

CA
5th grade teacher
I'm not sure if you're Multiple Subject, but if you are, you'd also need your RICA score in addition to CBEST and CSET.

Tags
compliance, nclb, show