A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Other Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message. Click here for more info.

Old 01-05-2010, 11:52 AM
Rookie

Texas
Special Education Teacher
texes ppr 160 test

i am in the process of studying for the ec-12 ppr test. i have all of the materials (books, notes, etc) but i am having some test anxiety. any tips on the test?

Old 01-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Imagine the ideal classroom, with obedient students (unless they're specified otherwise) and assume that money's no object. Be student-centered and politically correct.

How are you generally as a test taker?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Newcomer

Texas
If there is anyone that has some good study tips or know of a Study guides that would help me pass the PPR EC-12. I have taken it more time than needed and may scores still seem to be around 220 ish. I am registering for the February 6th paper-base exam so any help or advice would be great.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
cowboys5, does your score report give any indication of specific areas in which you're coming to grief?
Old 01-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Rookie

Cypress,TX
I have been guided to use Janice Nath's, Becoming a Middle School or High School Teacher.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:10 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
If a resource works for you, it's a fine resource. If it doesn't, that could be a fact about you but it's likelier to be simply that the fit between you and the resource isn't good.

In any case, always start with what's online for free on the official Web site.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Rookie

Texas
I have not taken the PPR yet, but just attended a review session through my A/C program. They stressed and stressed that the test questions are based on the IDEAL classroom, as TeacherGroupie stated above. All the money and technology in the world and perfect students, teachers, and administrators.

Good luck to you! Let me know how it goes!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Companion

Texas
Upper Elementary Teacher
I used the Interactive Study Guide for the TEXES by Nancy Hadley. It has very good information and great test taking strategies. Like everyone else has said, picture the ideal classroom; kids are well behaved, ALL parents care, money is no issue, etc. Try not to over analyze what is being asked. What helped me during the test was to read the answer choices first. I then read the question and re-read the answer choices and was able to eliminate the ones I felt weren't correct. For the questions I wasn't sure about, I made sure to select the answer that was student-centered.

Try to relax during the test and don't panic Good luck!
Old 01-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Newcomer

Texas
Middle School Teacher
test advice

The best advice that was given me for the generalist tests was to choose the answer that represents most work by the teacher or the answer that is highest on Bloom's Taxonomy. It worked, I passed both with flying colors. I plan on using the same strategy for the PPR. Does anyone see any issues with this?

Also, I left testing thinking I didn't pass and was very nervous, but I did very well. So you never know!
Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Companion

Texas
Upper Elementary Teacher
Caralatte - Thanks for the tip!

I'm going to have to use that strategy when I re-test. I passed the PPR with flying colors but the generalist, not so much. I am very nervous about taking it again that I haven't been brave enough to sign up for it.

Tags
160, ppr, test, texes