A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Job Seekers

Old 02-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Habitué

Substitute Teacher
Also, how are your interview skills? Since you are in an area that is saturated (Social Studies), you really need to rock your interviews. Get someone to do some mock interviews and write out questions and answers and practice them all the time. Ask your helper if you are making eye contact, sounding knowledgeable and enthusiastic etc.... A mediocre interview could be why you are losing out.

Old 02-20-2014, 08:51 AM
Comrade

SD
8/9 LA, World History
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbay33 View Post
Okay, so in my student teaching, things didn't go as smoothly as I hoped.
My student teaching was the worst 12 weeks of my life. This includes basic training in the Army and being shot at in Lebanon.

Making matters worse, I already had three years of full-time teaching experience. I could not stand my CO and the Uni Advisor as they were both useful idiots who could not survive without tenure.

The difference between student teaching and actual teaching is the difference between baby sitting and being a parent.

Sub. Trust me on this one. You need to sub. This will help so much with classroom management skills.

Tags
bad, chances, experience, job, ruin, student, teaching