A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Habitué

New England
Social Studies Director, 6-12
I think I am up to date with my vaccinations, but I should probably check with my doctor to be sure. I don't generally get a flu shot vaccine each year. The last year I got one was the year of the swine flu outbreak, when the school nurse practically badgered me into getting that one on the spot as I was walking out of the building.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Comrade

Midwest
All of my other vaccines are up to date. I never used to get the flu vaccine until my parents and in-laws started getting older (didn't want to put them at risk). Now I get it every year. Our insurer comes right to our school to administer the vaccine.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Companion

Nevada
2nd Grade Teacher
I don't usually get a flu shot. I'm not prone to getting the flu, and a few years back, when I did actually get it is the year that I later got the flu. Haven't gotten the vaccine (or the flu) since. Our staff was required to get health cards for the first time this summer, and part of that was the hep a shot, so I got that. Other than that, I can't remember the last time I got a shot. I've got a pretty severe phobia of needles, so I tend to stay away from them.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Rookie

I just got the flu shot this year (first time since I was a small child) because they offered it for free where I work. I haven't had any boosters or shots in a long time, but I'm going to get my tetanus shot booster this year or next.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Companion

Texas
2nd Grade Teacher
Getting the flu shot is so easy these days. At my local grocery store (HEB) I just had to walk up and they gave it to me in five minutes without an appointment. It was even free with my insurance! I think Walgreens and CVS do the same thing.

Tags
vaccinated