A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 02-28-2013, 05:48 AM
Comrade

Florida
3rd Grade Teacher
I got two job offers my first year out of college. The first one came a couple of weeks before school started and was miles from my home. I would of had to move to a community where I knew no one. The second came the first of November. It was miles away from home, but I did have family living close by that I could live with. Point being, I didn't get the "dream job" that I waited for. It never materialized. Now, twenty years later, instead of being able to retire at the end of the school year ten years from now, I'll have to work in to the next school year until October to even be able to consider retirement. Do, I wish I would have took that first job. You bet! Can I live with the decision I made. I have to. The advice I'm trying to share is that you must be able to live with the decision you make today; today, tomorrow, next month, next year, and many, many years down the road. Live with no regrets!

Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Connoisseur

CA.
1st Grade Teacher
Does your boyfriend have a higher paying job in the big city? Is he a keeper? Does he view you as a keeper? Can you be financially stable without a teaching job? Are you willing to work in another job than teaching? Are you willing to sub for the next year or so?
Old 03-02-2013, 02:57 AM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
Since you aren't married, I would say go for the job interview. Take care of yourself (and your profession) since no commitment has been made between you and him. If it's meant to be, you two will survive a long-distance relationship while you get yourself started in your profession and he gets himself started in his (my hubby and I did while we were still dating).
Old 03-07-2013, 08:46 AM
Companion

Small town school versus big city school job? Small town any time. Most of the "want to cry" posts here are from urban schools. Go for it and make boyfriend commute. This is written by a guy.

Tags
apply