A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 01-31-2013, 07:22 PM
Phenom

Western USA
K-3 Sped Resource Teacher
I like the online games idea. I will ask the parent about that. The other problem is that mom says the child will not do the extra work unless I specifically "assign" it to him (not if it's just something she's found herself). She says that he will say "Miss __________ didn't give you those, so I don't have to do them." So she tries to rope me into telling him he has to do the extras to. I'm afraid to say no because we get marked down on our evaluations if a parent complains.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
I would suggest that she allow him to take an after-school art class to work on his fine motor skills while allowing him to do something fun. I'm thinking drawing or clay work would be good
Old 02-08-2013, 04:18 PM
Aficionado

I wouldn't lie to the child and I wouldn't put more work on him. I would, however, record these conversations so if you do get a parent complaint you can explain what was going on. And then I wouldn't worry about the evaluations. Worrying about parent complaints never does anyone any good. I have to remember that myself sometimes.

Tags
parent, work