A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Substitute Teachers

Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM
Groupie

NJ
I had to cover a phys ed class during my free period a few days ago. I hated phys ed as a child, but it wasn't so bad. We played a little kickball.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Companion

Atlanta suburbs
Sub and looking for K-3 or SpEd
I will sub anywhere in elementary but do not like middle school at all. PE is not my fav but will do it if I have to. I prefer K-2 and Special Ed but am getting ready to do a long term in 5th.
I will sub for Art and Music even though I am not in the least artistic or musically inclined. PreK is not my fav either but will do it to help out. I only sub at one school and know almost everyone so I don't like to say no to anyone.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM
Novice

SC
10th Biology
Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffe326 View Post
I subbed everything. I was nervous about SpEd at first, but I actually loved it. A lot of my jobs were SpEd. I enjoyed all grade levels and subjects. I subbed a whole week for an advanced computer programming teacher. I had no idea what they were doing- ever!
I love Subbing for Reading/Math intervention, and other special needs.
I had both Reading and math intervention in one classroom one day, and woof, that was tough. Apart they are wonderful.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Rookie

Substitute Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPoppy View Post
I'm curious if I'm the only picky one out there. I don't mind subbing for general ed or academic subjects, but I will no longer sub in High School (I'm only certified K-8 anyway), and I am VERY hesitant to accept any special ed subbing assignments, or ISS (in-school suspension) assignments. These are because of my grade-level certification, I know that special ed is emotionally exhausting for me, and the ISS kids were already kicked out of someone else's class, which means they'll likely be harder to handle.

So, do you have classes (not teachers) you won't sub for? And Why? Please, no bashing anyone... this isn't about individual classrooms, teachers, or students. It's about grade levels or types of classes or subjects
I like ISS. those kids got already brainwashed before they get to ISS. There are only few per day -small class, and they get very well behaved by the time they go down to ISS. I actually enjoy helping them with assignments. Only few times I had crazy kids who did not care at all, jumping around and yelling f word, but there is always that one ) who needs to be handcuffed

I would only not sub for a particular class ia particular time. For example I know that one elementary special ed pre-K (very challenged health issues), has currently sick kids. I mean green runny nose and so on. I would not sub for that one. Otherwise I accept all the jobs.

Tags
classes