A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Multiple Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
Just wanting to Vent

I am fresh out of college. I graduated this past December with a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education. Here in Georgia in order to be certified to teach you must pass the GACE which consist of test 1 and test 2 for Early Childhood. Well.. I recently got a long term substitute teacher job and you must be certified for that position...the school system kinda bent the rules for me since I was registered to take the GACE soon. I just got my scores back and I only passed test 2 but not test 1 so there is a possibility that I may not have my job anymore after this week (you must pass both test to be certified). I am so sad..I have been with the class for 4 weeks now and I have worked so hard to implement rules, rearrange the class and build relationships. I'm just bitter about the situation...I wish they would let me stay...I will be re-taking the test and I'm sure i'll pass next time...I just wanted to vent...

Old 02-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Newcomer

Georgia
Teaching Assistant
Hi. I saw that you mentioned you only passing the part 2 section of the test. Well, that's the part that I am having issues with. This will be my third time taking it, because I only missed it by five points. I'm so frustrated right now, because this is the only thing that's keeping me from beginning my student teaching. I passed the first part on the first try. I used the GA coach books for the social studies portion, Brainpop.com, and the XAM study guide. I also printed out some of the terms that maybe mentioned on the reading section.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, Aspiringinstruc. Let's relocate this thread to the Multiple Subject Tests subforum: you might find some useful advice there (and don't overlook the threads on other states' tests).

What part of subtest 1 gave you grief?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:00 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
I struggled with the Reading/Social Studies test I was 6 points off. I have been using brainpop and crct test questions to help prepare.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Six points is fairly close. The GACE Web site (http://www.gace.nesinc.com/pdfs/GA_P...portBacker.pdf) indicates that you should have gotten a score report that goes into more detail about how you did on each test objective and on the constructed responses, in each case on a scale from + to ++++. So what are you seeing there?
Old 02-12-2013, 12:23 PM
Novice

Sacramento,CA
3rd Grade
I received 3 plusses (+++) for both Social Studies and Reading and (++) for Social Studies (constructed response). Also (+) for the constructed response in Reading
Old 02-12-2013, 01:41 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hm: that's quite a drop from the multiple choice results in reading to the constructed response. Are you writing your response as though you were explaining to a student or as though you were "talking shop" with a fellow teacher? Scorers on subject-matter tests generally prefer the latter.

Tags
vent, wanting