A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > More TeacherChat > Teacher Time Out

Old 10-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Maven

Southern California
SLP Grad Student & 2 Other Jobs
lynettstoy & TeacherNY, right guys! At times ya just have to vent, as minute as it may be.

Old 10-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Maven

Southern California
I belong to this free program in which I accumulate points that I can redeem for numerous stores, restaurants & other things. When it gets close to certain Christmas times, I like to redeem the points I have so I can have a bit of extra fun! For this yr, I plan to redeem the points for:

- $50 movies GC
- $50 at Target or Walmart
- $100 at Macy's or 2 $50s someplace else...maybe one of them a restaurant

(If anyone wants me to refer them, please PM me your 1st & last name & email.)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
Wow, Ms. I, that sounds like a great program. Do you have to buy stuff to get the points?
Old 10-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Maven

Southern California
You can, but you don't have to buy anything. Just about daily, the program sends emails about possible things or services you can buy, but you don't have to. Just clicking on a certain area of the email automatically gives you 5 pts. I currently have 26,000 points & yes I've bought some things along the way, such as things at HSN or QVC that I normally use, such as shampoo, etc. But there's a lot of retailers they partner with in which you can get points for ordering online.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:54 AM
Maven

Southern California
Was feeling bad Sun night! I think the lactose intolerance I seem to be developing was it, unless something was wrong w/ the food I ate.

In the past, I only got minor gas (sorry for tmi) if I ate a pretty good amt of frozen yogurt. That's all & never if dairy products are cooked. Yesterday, at a restaurant, I got spinach dip (which has cheese) & ate a well-done beef hamburger patty w/ grilled mushrooms, grilled cheese, & avocado & later ate a good-sized cup of frozen yogurt.

I guess that was too much dairy in one day, but I actually threw up a couple of times & my stomach ached, which I never had from eating daily before. Uggh. Feeling better now that it's morning.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Companion

IL
Substitute Teacher
Mrs. I - I know the feeling! My own lactose intolerance really acted up this weekend after 2 glasses of 2% milk which usually my tummy can handle just fine. It was not fun to say the least.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:40 PM
Maven

Southern California
Miz_Jay, I don't really drink milk, but smoothies sometimes. I have to see how much dairy I can consume w/o feeling sick. But yesterday I guess was just too much. I better mention this to my health-conscious mom. She should know more about how to cope w/ it.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:19 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. I View Post
Was feeling bad Sun night! I think the lactose intolerance I seem to be developing was it, unless something was wrong w/ the food I ate.

In the past, I only got minor gas (sorry for tmi) if I ate a pretty good amt of frozen yogurt. That's all & never if dairy products are cooked. Yesterday, at a restaurant, I got spinach dip (which has cheese) & ate a well-done beef hamburger patty w/ grilled mushrooms, grilled cheese, & avocado & later ate a good-sized cup of frozen yogurt.

I guess that was too much dairy in one day, but I actually threw up a couple of times & my stomach ached, which I never had from eating daily before. Uggh. Feeling better now that it's morning.
You seem to eat a lot of fast food, take out, pre packaged and restaurant food, Ms. I. Those could cause gastro-intestinal distress with or without dairy.

You might want to start a food diary and notice trends...then me your concerns to your doctor.

Tags
random, thoughts