A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 11-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Novice

3rd grade
Scholastic ..... am I the only one?

Am I the only person who has trouble with Scholastic's book club website? I am so incredibly frustrated right now. First, it deleted a parent order instead of the catalog order that I was trying to delete. (And I know I did NOT click to delete the parent order, because when you do it comes up with a message asking if you are sure that you want to delete the order). So I call Scholastic and they have no way of getting this order back for me. So now I have to call this parent to place their order again - which they might not want to do because they let me know that they had problems with the website ordering in the first place. Then, when I go to order my books and I get all my info put in the site just stops working. I'm frustrated and need to vent.

I just think their website could be so much better. Generally I love Scholastic, but their website leaves a lot to be desired IMO. Anybody else ever have problems (or any ideas why I do), or is it just me?

Old 11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Multitudinous

New Jersey
Grade 3
My one minor problem was one parent order who forgot to hit 'submit order' on her computer...when the books arrived, my student insisted he had books coming. Mom checked online and realized her error.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:21 PM
Comrade

Preschool Teacher
Ive had numerous issues with scholastic, but the only one relating to website is that my bonus points don't show up in the bank. I called and asked and she said they were there not to worry. I havent tried to use them yet though.

My suggestion to you is, ask the parent what books they ordered and instead of having them re-order online, you enter in the order and have them bring in a check.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Comrade

Wisconsin
1st Grade Teacher
I've had problems with their site in the past. It's gone down in the middle of my order, double billed me for stuff, not billed me for stuff, but customer service is usually able to fix things.
Now as for your problem, if the parent already paid for the books online, they should have gotten a confirmation email(or something) that says they paid. You should be able to call customer service with the list and have them added to your order.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 AM
Novice

3rd grade
Yeah, I got it all worked out. The parent had actually forwarded me their confirmation email, so I just added the books to my order. Only thing with that though is she won't get her $5 coupon for placing an online order. But they are on the way and I guess that is what counts.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:00 AM
Multitudinous

USA
Kindergarten Teacher
I have had very little problems with scholastic's website. Any problems that I have had, their customer service department has been great about fixing. I bet if you call them, they would add an extra $5 coupon in your box for the parent.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Connoisseur

I hate the website. Call me old school, but I always call my order in and mail the checks. The people are always friendly, I'm never on the phone more than 5 min. and if my orders are wrong, it was a mistake on my end!

Tags
scholastic