A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:45 AM
Newcomer

Texas
Score Verification

Hola everybody!

First off, best of luck to everyone on this exam!

I'm posting to see if anyone has had any luck on a score verification request for this exam?

I just received my scores and scored a 239

1 point away from passing. My dilemma is whether or not to request a score verification (that only verifies the written and speaker portion of this exam) or, to sign up for the next exam that is offered in September.

I've called the ETS customer service line and was told that the exam would be verified by an entirely different department.

So I'm wondering if I could get that 1 extra point to pass this exam through the verification process..... I've read earlier posts from other members who've said they have had scores verified but to no benefit.

What do y'all think?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
I know of one case in which score verification resulted in a change in score - and that was a case with demonstrable testing irregularities. You're better off putting the time, money, and effort into figuring out what you needed to have done more strongly.
Old 09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Newcomer

Texas
Received my verification results, and NO result in change of score

Scored a 239... and 240 is passing.... Madre mía
Old 09-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Hugs, Spain2013, but I'm not surprised.

Does your score report break down the test into domains? I know that many states test (and their score reports break down into) reading, writing, listening, and speaking separately, along with a cultural/historical component.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Newcomer

USA
1st Grade Teacher
Hi, Spain 2013

I am going to take the Lote in november, how many times have taken the exam? May you please let me know something about each section? what is the topic in the essay and the lesson plan?

Thank you so very much, follow to try you can do this
Old 10-13-2013, 04:27 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, Mexico13.

First things first: we don't share actual specific test questions on A to Z. See the WARNING at the top of each page in the Examinations for Teachers forum, and be aware that it's just as true for ETS (which administers the TExES exams) as it is for Pearson (which bought out NES Inc. and administers teacher tests in a number of states). The test companies do have rules against sharing specific questions, and they can and do monitor sites like this to ensure compliance.

The free online preparation manual for the TExES LOTE Spanish lays out the structure of the test and outlines the competencies (skills and knowledge) that the test covers. The various states' LOTE exams look at language production and comprehension, of course - but they also tend to test one's knowledge of general linguistics, of the linguistics of the target language, and of the history and the cultures associated with the language.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Newcomer

Testing this weekend!

I am going to be taking the Spanish LOTE 613 for the 3rd time this weekend and have been working hard to get that passing score! Wish me luck!

My area of struggle is the lesson plan and opinion/position essay portion! The portion of the test that I have the most trouble with is in all in English! Imagine that...

I guess I'm leaving out some major parts or not using the correct terms for my lesson plan. Or maybe I'm being too detailed? The time thing freaks me out. I usually don't have enough time to be specific... or do I not have to be? Any suggestions as to where I need to focus my time when writing this lesson plan? I've failed the test by 4-10 points each time, with the majority of my points being lost in this section.

Also, does structure matter? Do I have to include the portion of the lesson plan that is given to me or do I just finish out what they left blank?

Subject: Blah blah blah
Grade Level: Blah blah blah
Vocabulary:
Materials:
Assessment:

I may be overthinking this portion but I can't seem to get this part down. Please help! What am I doing wrong?! Is there something specific that they are looking for?! Any advice would help. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:16 PM
Newcomer

Texas
I plan on taking the Spanish LOTE after I graduate in May this year. I'm kind of (aka REALLY) glad I found this thread!

I do have one question, and it's sort of random and/or odd; I know that there is a word minimum for the essay and the response. Is there a word-counter? Or do you just guess how many words you've written?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Newcomer

texas
Primary Elementary Teacher
Hi! I'm new on this site. I tool\ke the LOTE last Dec. but I didn't pass. I'd like to talk with someone who took it recently just to share some tips. My problem was the lesson plan. I'll retake my test at the end of March.
Thanks
Old 02-25-2014, 07:50 AM
Newcomer

texas
Primary Elementary Teacher
Help with the lesson plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaDyne View Post
I plan on taking the Spanish LOTE after I graduate in May this year. I'm kind of (aka REALLY) glad I found this thread!

I do have one question, and it's sort of random and/or odd; I know that there is a word minimum for the essay and the response. Is there a word-counter? Or do you just guess how many words you've written?
Hi, can we talk about the test? I had problem on the lesson plan too. I'll take the test again at the end of March.
I need help!!!

Tags
613, lote, spanish, texes