A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Newcomer

Tn
Praxis History Content Knowledge 0941/5941

I'm new to this board. I'm from Tennessee and I'm taking the praxis in History on Nov 3rd. Has anyone taken this test? If so how did you study for it? I would love to hear any suggestions.
Thanks

Old 10-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Welcome to A to Z, Blthomas! In these parts we classify exams that focus on history (or on English, or on science, etc.) as single-subject exams, so your thread's been moved.

Look around for threads on this test and on other states' tests of history, and you're likely to find some good suggestions for study. The Internet's a valuable ally - you can Google for terms that show up on the official Praxis Test at a Glance document - and a good historical atlas can be extremely helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM
Newcomer

8th Grade Teacher
First post...I'm taking this test on Monday (Jan. 28) and have been studying for almost exactly a month. I'm taking the 5941 computer version.

Little background on me....I'm an 8th grade W. History teacher and this year will finish my 5th year of teaching. I obtained my licensure in AL by passing the Social Studies 0081 test back in 07. I have license in AL, AR, & MS. I currently teach/coach in Arkansas. I have a standing job offer to teach/coach in TN and need to pass this test to obtain licensure in that state since TN does not offer the 0081 test.

TN's cutoff score is pretty low (136). I have searched exhaustingly online looking for feedback from those who have taken this test and I'm surprised at how little feedback there is out there about this test (0941/5941) from those who have taken it.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Newcomer

8th Grade Teacher
Well, I finished taking this test this morning and I passed with a 160! Got my "unofficial score" at the end. I am so glad this stress is over!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Comrade

SD
8/9 LA, World History
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blthomas View Post
I'm new to this board. I'm from Tennessee and I'm taking the praxis in History on Nov 3rd. Has anyone taken this test? If so how did you study for it? I would love to hear any suggestions.
Thanks
I took this a few years ago. I used flash cards from Barnes and Noble for US history and skimmed my World History 101 text book.

Keep in mind the breadth of information they are asking. There is not a great amount of depth on this test. If you can eliminate answers and are good at jeopardy you will have no problems. If you cannot eliminate answers then you will have problems.

When I took the paper version of the test, I went through the test three times and still had time left over. I missed only a few.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Blthomas took that test in November. I can't recall whether we heard the outcome on another thread.

Which reminds me: congratulations, CoachTeague!

Tags
content, history, knowledge, praxis