A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > General Education

Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Before you mentioned him being difficult about field trips and such, I thought he was doing a poor job of "flirting". He still may someone be trying to dominate you. Documents everything. Everything!
That's what I thought, too. I'd document, document, document.

Old 01-29-2013, 04:42 PM
Aficionado

California
8th Grade Science Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist92021 View Post
I'm just curious - or maybe I've missed something - but why would this be sexual harassment?
Actually, sexual harassment wasn't what I meant. I was more thinking that it sounds like this guy is stalking her possibly because of attraction or something. I don't think it's really normal for a guy to be doing things like touching her stuff or getting onto her computer, or visiting her everyday unless he has some kind of crush on her.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Aficionado

California
8th Grade Science Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Before you mentioned him being difficult about field trips and such, I thought he was doing a poor job of "flirting". He still may someone be trying to dominate you. Documents everything. Everything!
He might still be flirting, but doing even worse than we would imagine.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM
Multitudinous

Calif.
Could be inappropriate interest in Kaseta; could also calculated to impel her to move on. In any case, it sounds like a pattern, and it also seems that one decidedly dilatory district needs its feet held to the fire.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Habitué

Maine
High School Life Science
Even if it's not sexual harassment, it seems like some kind of harassment. At the very least, it's disruptive to your students' learning. Is this something a union would be able to help with since going to the P and superintendent hasn't worked?
Old 02-02-2013, 05:08 AM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
Can you ask for a formal meeting to be set up with him and his superiors? He deserves to know what your concerns are about him being in your classroom- especially since it is effecting the students too.
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16 AM
Enthusiast

NY of course!
Special Education Teacher
If the students are also upset by this they could probably tell their parents and have parents make complaints to the school.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Aficionado

Michigan
I agree with what the others have said. Regarding your computer, can you put it in sleep mode & then have it password locked? My school has supplied us with laptops & after so long they go into sleep mode, you need a password to wake it up.
Old 02-03-2013, 03:00 AM
Devotee

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Science Teacher
You need to keep this guy busy. Have some worksheets ready and waiting and when he arrives get him to distribute them. Make sure the kids have text books out on their desks (they don't have to be using them) and then give him a box and ask if he would collect them in for you. Have apuddle of water waiting on a table from an earlier 'spill' and when he arrives say how wonderful and would he mind mopping it up for you as you need to get on with teaching, then hand him the Kleenex! I'm sure you could find many wonderful and demeaning ways to put him to work! Send him on some errands! Leave some 'important' paperwork that you absolutly need for the lesson in your car and when he arrives ask him to mind the class for 10 minutes while you fetch them!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Comrade

I had a principal once that would just wander in and out of rooms. I believe he was bored! Also, he told us in a staff meeting that anything we brought into the school belonged to him once it entered the building. He said that gave him the right to go through our desk drawers and take whatever he wanted. One very brave teacher raised her hand and said, " May I very politely request you leave my stash of personal hygiene products alone since you probably don't have a need for them like I do?"
This principal went on to other buildings in the system. He even had a sexual relationship with a female high school student. In the end he needed up on disability because of psychological issues. So sad in so many ways.
I don't really have any advice, but I want you to know you aren't alone. Hang in there!

Tags
asst, disruptive, principal