A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Substitute Teachers

Old 02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Fanatic

Central Valley of California
High School English (Alt. Ed.)
I really don't see why teachers would or should contact the sub. The sub came to do a job, it was done, they get paid, that's it. I have always left my phone number and email address for them to contact me if they have questions (as a common courtesy) and if they needed me again, but I have never ever received a follow up for the good job I've done.
I wasn't looking for one, either.
When I ran into the teacher on another day, they would thank me a lot of times, but even then, the following week that one day must have seemed like it was 2 years before.

The best compliment a sub can get is a repeat request, a referral, a recommendation to the P or all of the above.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 PM
Companion

PA
I've subbed for a lot of teachers who completely forget to give me a heads up of their routines as far as classroom management goes. Sometimes they're self explanatory on the boards of the classroom but other times not. That's a big thing that's helpful... It's probably so easy to slip from a teacher's mind since they do it everyday but can be really useful in keeping the classroom running smoothly while they're out!

Tags
wishlist