A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 12-13-2012, 09:22 PM
Comrade

Elementary Teacher
I just want to say that the wording of this thread title makes me smile every time I see it.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Devotee

East Coast
Primary Elementary Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrules12 View Post
These are the P's that forget that there are many different ways to teach, and many ways to reach students... I'd try to find things that this P values and that you value as well. Maybe these would make good activities to display.
That's a good point. Maybe I will do my cutesey (but effective) projects and just not display them in the hall. If she wants to see lots of black and white writing and computations then I'll give her plenty of that in the hallway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myKroom View Post
So if you can't do artsy projects, if she bans crayons, and you can't do worksheet...what are you supposed to do????

ANYWAY...

I do worksheets (not a ton) but if they support my lesson or are good for review I'll use them. I don't display them, that's what writing and those "artsy" projects are for. In the younger grades these types of projects are appropriate. As long as it can be linked to the curriculum, it shouldn't be a problem.

I guess I'd be asking her what exactly she wants to see.
Maybe I can send an annoymous email asking. Our school has a distinct culture of fear...if the P says the sky is Navy Blue with a Pink Sun you better darn well accept that and not question, least you be added to the "sh*t list" and professionally bullied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msufan View Post
I just want to say that the wording of this thread title makes me smile every time I see it.
I'm glad you like it. That's a little of the creativity I'm forced to suppress in the classroom coming out I guess.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:33 PM
Enthusiast

2nd Grade Teacher
Reading these posts makes me sad. I do TONS of art - especially this year. I have a really challenging group of students, but I can keep them all engaged with an art project. It's a magical time in my classroom and something I do at least weekly.

Tags
art, cutesy, projects, worksheets