A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Elementary Education

Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Aficionado

Upper Elementary Teacher
I'm sorry you're going through this. I can't imagine having parents like this for my students! It's disgusting- the horrible parenting you see going on.

The worse I have is that we have a diabetic child who is so skinny and has to be hospitalized (which might just be Mom telling us a lie ) but on delayed opening days she refuses to feed him breakfast- she just tells him to eat at lunch since kids have 1 period of classes and then lunch time.

Can you use Donors Choose to help get supplies? I know you're willing to put your own $$ in and just want the students' parents to help out too but I think that might be a lost cause

Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Connoisseur

AZ
5th Grade Teacher
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmebob View Post
we have paper towel dispensers in our classrooms, that rough brown paper that doesn't soak anything up.
That is so true!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:26 PM
Maven

USA
3rd Grade Teacher
We have those paper towels as well, and my students have been reduced to using them. I refuse to purchase tissues, any more sanitizer, or bottled water (again, we have no access to water). The tissues have been coming in a box at a time (just in time), but some of my parents have no money for anything they can't buy with food stamps (they CAN get water with those). I'm just tired, I guess.

Oh, and DonorsChoose? I've had 3 projects funded, and 5 not. Then a long-term sub lost my "thank you" packet for one of my funded projects, so I lost all of my points (my mom was dying of cancer). I contacted DC, and they gave me enough points for one project, and it is currently only partially funded.

The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
― Dr. Seuss