A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > TeacherChat Forums > Special Interests > Student & Preservice Teachers

Old 11-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Companion

I was in a secondary program and we had our main placement at our level of choice (high or middle) and then about 1/2 a semester worth of hours at the other level. I was high school and did basically one afternoon a week at a middle school for a the fall semseter of my student teaching.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Companion

New Jersey
Elementary TA
Big Smile

For my degree area, one placement but over the course of two semesters.
In the fall I was at the school twice a week and I just observed and helped my CT and observed other grade levels/educational settings...but then now I'm doing full student teaching, responsibility, etc.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 PM
Connoisseur

CA.
1st Grade Teacher
It was required that we teach in two schools. It also was required one placement was lower grade k-3 and one placement was upper grade 4-8.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:41 AM
Aficionado

New Jersey, US
Looking for a job
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStripey View Post
Yup, at Montclair State it's 15 weeks in 1 classroom. Unless you're a dual cert candidate. (K-5 with special ed)
I'm at Kean.

We do 15 weeks in one classroom even if you are a dual cert candidate.

I know Monmouth does 7/8 split gen ed/special ed
Old 04-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Companion

Idaho
My program was a year long. The first semester was three full days a week. The first half of that semester I was in a kindergarten class. The second half of that semester I was in a 3rd grade class.

The second semester was full time teaching, 5 days a week, with me teaching all content areas. The first part of the semester I was with the same 3rd grade teacher I had finished out the previous semester with. Half way through the semester I switched back to the kindergarten teacher I had started the previous semester with.

The new student teachers coming in to the school for that last semester stayed with the same teacher and the same grade through the whole semester, switching to a different teacher and grade for the second semester.
Sheilah
Old 04-19-2013, 02:41 PM
Guru

My undergrad was middle grades five through nine, social studies and language arts. I did one semester of student teaching in a seventh grades social studies classroom.

Tags
student, teaching