A to Z Teacher Stuff ~ Teacher Resources, Lesson Plans, Themes, Tips, Printables, and more
advertise
Go Back   A to Z Teacher Stuff Forums > Examinations for Teachers > Single Subject Tests

WARNING: According to National Evaluation Systems, Inc., the developers of the CSET and other tests, posting of actual test questions by registrants of the CSET and other tests is in violation of a contractual agreement and can result in liability by the poster for monetary damages or other legal remedies. If you have registered to take the CSET and other teacher licensing tests, review the Rules of Test Participation. All messages express the views of the author, and A to Z Teacher Stuff, LLC will not be held responsible for the content of any message.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:28 AM
Rookie

PA
Future HS Biology?
IMO the study guide goes along with what was on the test almost exactly. I used it- I took the test about 7 years after graduating college- and I did well. The curve ball is the wording of some of the questions based around lab experiences and such but if you know the background info you should do fine.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:31 AM
Habitué

North Carolina
7th Grade Teacher
I took it almost two years ago. I got a 176, which is a passing score. I was shocked it wasn't higher, I'm a biology nut.

For each section:
Basic Principles of Science: 9 of 12 (average performance range 6-9)

Molecular/Cellular: 31 of 39 (apr: 20-27)

Genetics/Evolution: 18 of 23 (apr 10-15)

Diversity of Life: 32 of 44 (apr. 23-33) <-- weakest area

Ecology: 20 of 22 (apr. 13-18)

Science, Tech, Society: 8 of 10 (apr 5-8)

So, it appears I scored roughly around the 75th percentile. Not as good as I hoped for I didn't use the study guide or prep because I was confident in my abilities for *this* test, but I definitely have used the study guides for other praxis tests. Use the pdf's Praxis provides, they tell you EXACTLY what you will need to review or the test. As you can see, the percentages align to the pdf's pie chart of areas to study.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:27 AM
Rookie

MS
High School Teacher
Hi everyone. Can someone help me out? I need a 150 to pass for my state. I just need to gauge round about where that 150 lies. Would that be about 50% of the exam or 75%? Thanks! I'm scheduled to take my exam in June.

Tags
0235, biology, content, knowledge, praxis